Around the League 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Wouldn’t be surprised if Gallant is leading the way based on the ‘roid rage shade of red his face was last game vs VGK.

Reactions: Bandit
Jul 31, 2005
CA
2 players in a year. The only two in the last several years.

The differences between the two are VGK claims Schmidt was following the program so no one can ascertain how he didn't pass vs. Zykov who says he was taking a supplement outside their program for the last 4 years (but wasn't caught till now??).

Of course, VGk has a scenario where they can defend a key player in Schmidt, but they have zero problem dumpstering Zykov. Makes them look better and as if it's a totally different scenario.

Still fishy as **** that the only team in several years to get busted has 2, and it's a team with a bunch of castoffs who had a vested interest in scrapping to stay in the league. It's plausible, absolutely. But the optics are awful.

A bunch of castoffs who ALL had career years.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Minnesota is getting clowned by the Habs and off to a terrible start.

Wouldn’t mind a trade for Kevin Fiala and Eriksson Ek.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Twice is a pattern, VGK.

Indefensible. Those 'conspiracy theories' aren't looking as tinfoily anymore.
Jarrett Stoll, summer of 2015
Mike Richards, summer of 2015
Slava Voynov, fall of 2014

I'm not sure we're the right fan base to get all righteously indignant about this.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

I'm not sure we're the right fan base to get all righteously indignant about this.
these are all substantially different things and i'm not sure there were too many people here defending stoll or richards, plus consider that the org immediately hired brantt myhres and kept him around probably a lot longer than they needed to

there's an admission of guilt as to there being a problem, then there's the profuse excuse-finding route that vegas is going down

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Stoll - Not re-signed
Richards - Contract Terminated
Voynov - Hasn't played in the NHL since

Reactions: kilowatt

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Stoll got cut, Voynov got banned, Myhres was hired, etc.

The organizations reactions are completely different.

It's not about righteous indignation or 'haha your org sucks worse than mine,' it's about guys doing things literally related to cheating on-ice and the organizations' rejection of criticism about it.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Sometimes you have to give the Ducks credit. Their young guys haven't done a ton yet, and they're relevant again 8 games into the season. It does help to have goalies that can stop shots. They also still have more cap space than the Kings do. They actually win on home ice. Get a little dirty sometimes.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
You would have thought that listening to the homers in the Kings broadcast booth that the Carolina Hurricanes were the NHL's version of the 1985 Chicago Bears.

They go to SJ and give up 5, then go to Anaheim and give up 4 in the first 2 periods. The only thing worse than the product on the ice is the product in the booth.

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Sometimes you have to give the Ducks credit. Their young guys haven't done a ton yet, and they're relevant again 8 games into the season. It does help to have goalies that can stop shots. They also still have more cap space than the Kings do. They actually win on home ice. Get a little dirty sometimes.
They always have more cap space. They operate on an internal cap.

You would have thought that listening to the homers in the Kings broadcast booth that the Carolina Hurricanes were the NHL's version of the 1985 Chicago Bears.

They go to SJ and give up 5, then go to Anaheim and give up 4 in the first 2 periods. The only thing worse than the product on the ice is the product in the booth.

San Jose is on a win streak.
Ducks are undefeated at home.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
They always have more cap space. They operate on an internal cap.

Yeah, but it's not usually a $550k difference. It was just a quick jab at the Kings while they're down. Although the Kings are spending about $2m less in cash than the Ducks. 4th lowest spending team in the league, only ahead of Ottawa, Arizona, and Detroit. Shockingly, Boston is only spending about $3m more than the Kings.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Look familiar? This is why the Kings wear the crap color-scheme they have today.

cut.jpg
cut.jpg

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
icethetics has a pretty decent black concept for LA. I like colout over balck and white but this is better than what we currently have.
upload_2019-10-21_9-51-47.png

Not sure on the whites.. I think it is an improvement but not as much.

Reactions: kings11

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
yeah those look like complete dogshit imo

worst parts of all the uniforms mashed into one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad