GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v26

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Back when the Flames were a decent team and made the playoffs regularly, the odd year in our playoff draft I would end up with a couple of them. I still cheered for them to get eliminated first round, but had a bit of a win/win in that they might help me win some dough, as long as they fizzled before the finals. Never had to worry, as they were usually out early.

Heresy. I would rather eat dirt.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Good to see the Isles are back in this! :nod:
I hope they'll grind down the Bolts from here on and move on to win the cup against whoever comes out of the west.

Reactions: Delicious Pancakes

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I know hey! When your nuts are sore and the size of softballs, Brussel sprouts don’t exactly do the trick.
Worst. Vegetable. Ever.
giphy.gif

Reactions: McFuhryous and TB12

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Any vegetable that needs very careful preparation and to be masked by the taste of several other things just to make it semi palatable is f***ing gross. Brussel sprouts are the most vile disgusting vegetable I've ever encountered. and I love vegetables. Virtually every other one.

that said theres actual studies on this that people have somewhat different taste buds and that like with many things we may have taste buds that cause us to like or dislike certain tastes. For people that dislike Brussel Sprouts, they want to murder them...they want to nuke them into space. I think this about captures it.

The 'brussels sprouts' gene: TAS2R38 | Anna Perman's Genetic Spaghetti

I should be embarrassed that I actually read up on things like this.

Oh wait, the worst vegetable known to mankind is a legume, Broad beans. What a vile nasty thing that is. Its like Edamame on steroids. I can't stand either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad