GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL

Maybe this is why I can't take basketball seriously

Meh. Watching the Last Dance a few months back revealed in detail how Micheal Jordan had the same obsession of turning minor slights into motivation to beat everyone he faced. Healthy or not, it often comes with the territory of being an all-time great. My PhD adviser, who has won every major award except the Nobel Prize, had a similar (unhealthy) obsession with winning every competition he entered.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Works best if they don't retire in Canada. And CRA withholds 50% of the RCA in trust, until distributions are made, so you can't invest that half till it is out of the trust.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So much for Tampa "salivating" at the prospect of facing Dallas.

lets be clear here too. That was the worst game Dallas has played all playoffs. After Dallas got the lead they completely backed up and Bowness will have some words with them about that. Dallas was in complete control of this game up 2-1 and then let Tampa turn the flow. Dallas was guilty of a lot of mistakes the last half and not getting puck out. Also Tyler Seguin its one thing if you are not scoring but move your f***ing ass and make some kind of contribution. Bowness gave him a tongue lashing on the bench. For good reason. My lord how can you not be into it during a SC final.

But Dallas was actually bad in this game. They still won. Nobody on the Stars had a good game except Khudobin. Dallas is going to be miles better than this. Will Tampa be?

Reactions: bellagiobob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Meh. Watching the Last Dance a few months back revealed in detail how Micheal Jordan had the same obsession of turning minor slights into motivation to beat everyone he faced. Healthy or not, it often comes with the territory of being an all-time great. My PhD adviser, who has won every major award except the Nobel Prize, had a similar (unhealthy) obsession with winning every competition he entered.

Its not really the issue. Its the lack of respect of anybody else, or even the perception that anybody else could be first voted. I mean he says he's pissed off about that 6 times in the clip, but somehow doesn't realize how this is taking away from whoever was getting the first votes. That grace is nonexistent is more the issue. Plus this isn't about winning, its about getting needing constant regard and crying the moment he doesn't get it.

Lebron only succeeded in looking like a dick again. Seems good at that.

Reactions: yukoner88

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Nah, Dallas winning is pretty much the worst case scenario for the Oilers. We're nothing like them.
That's exactly why it's better for Dallas to win. Let other teams chase that model, as long as the Oilers have McDavid an Draisaitl that's not who they'll be

Reactions: Rufus Aslegard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad