GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v25

Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I think he legitimately thinks he can sign Piterangelo and that they can put anyone in net.

St. Louis is working on moving salary out and Montreal helped them with that already. Dumbass is never going to learn.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I just saw that the Colorado-Dallas game is on in an hour (a Game 7 in the middle of the afternoon???) and that the Vegas-Vancouver Game 7 is tonight, a back to back. Are they serious with this garbage schedule?

Why not just schedule the Colorado-Dallas game for 7pm Mountain Time today and Vegas-Vancouver tomorrow after the Islanders-Flyers game? Wasn't that easy.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I think they'd be smart to keep Markstrom still. They are seeing first hand what having two solid goalies can do. Especially with Demko making 1mil next year.

Problem will be if they give Markstrom a NMC/NTC.

Very true. The whole league seems like it's shifting towards the 1A/1B tandem in net. I guess it depends on how "selfish" a goalie wants to be. If Markstrom wants 65 starts a season, he'll go to market. If he's comfortable playing less (starting around 50-55 games) and sharing duties, he'll probably stay.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
I just saw that the Colorado-Dallas game is on in an hour (a Game 7 in the middle of the afternoon???) and that the Vegas-Vancouver Game 7 is tonight, a back to back. Are they serious with this garbage schedule?

Why not just schedule the Colorado-Dallas game for 7pm Mountain Time today and Vegas-Vancouver tomorrow after the Islanders-Flyers game? Wasn't that easy.
I think each series has/had a back to back so it’s Vancouver’s turn.

BakedYams

Jan 14, 2017
I could see Vancouver going either way on this;
-Let Markstrom walk, Demko is the future. (And then Demko pulls a Binnington.)
-Or more likely, they resign him and see how Demko does in the regular season. If Demko does above-average, they expose Markstrom to Seattle.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
-Or more likely, they resign him and see how Demko does in the regular season. If Demko does above-average, they expose Markstrom to Seattle.

I think Markstrom is a very, very good goalie. He's the kind of guy who can and does bail the team out in front of him on a regular basis in my opinion. If Vancouver exposed him to a team that would be both a geographical and division rival, it would be a pretty big mistake for the Canucks to make. Jim might get rattled enough he gives them a pick to not take one of the goalies if Demko turns out to be for real and Markstrom extends.

By the way, is Markstrom hurt and is why Demko is getting the starts now?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think he legitimately thinks he can sign Piterangelo and that they can put anyone in net.

If they get some LTIR contracts they would be able to. Hossa, Dubinsky, Gaborik and Zetterberg may all be available to them if the Leafs want to play the LTIR merry go round game again but only for this year. The cap could be flat for the next 4-5 years so it would be a risk to go 10m over the cap like they did this year.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey

No way are they gonna dump Markstrom because Demko had a handful of good games.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Flames got knocked out by this Dallas Stars, yikes

They don't have the intestinal fortitude for a game 7

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Fearful trading with an expansion team will burn you every time. We just saw this happen. Why wouldn't they just deal from a position of strength at the deadline for a barely playoff team with struggling goalies needing a boost.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
If you're DeBoer to you stick with Lehner or turn to Fleury?

Fleury has the experience of game 7s and is rested. I'd be starting him.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Nathan MacKinnon is such a beast. He elevates his game to almost McDavid levels for a temporary period every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad