GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v25

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Crazy that we have 3 game 7s all a result of 3-1 comebacks. I still think we will end up seeing Colorado-Vegas. The east series is harder to predict. The Flyers may pull that one out as well. I think we see a VGK-TB final.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Crazy that we have 3 game 7s all a result of 3-1 comebacks. I still think we will end up seeing Colorado-Vegas. The east series is harder to predict. The Flyers may pull that one out as well. I think we see a VGK-TB final.

I’m thinking Canucks complete the comeback (Vegas looks done) and lose in 6 to the Avs. COL-TB final with Tampa in 6. Flip a coin for Philly-NYI but either team goes down in 5 to Tampa.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

I swear if Vegas is in another Stanley Cup Final, I will lose it. I get the whole "Need to make it competitive", but Im getting sick seeing that team constantly winning things when they have only been in the league for 4-5 years now. Maybe its because my depression of the Oilers is kicking in again...

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I’m thinking Canucks complete the comeback (Vegas looks done) and lose in 6 to the Avs. COL-TB final with Tampa in 6. Flip a coin for Philly-NYI but either team goes down in 5 to Tampa.
I agree. Vegas looks totally rattled.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Be interesting to see what thoughts are on Markstrom if Demko continues to play lights out. Luckily for VAN Demko is cheap for one more year.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The only team that was ahead in their series that looks done is Dallas. Not sure where this "Vegas is done" narrative is coming from.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The only team that was ahead in their series that looks done is Dallas. Not sure where this "Vegas is done" narrative is coming from.
Agreed. They fired nearly 50 shots on Demo last night, and had a whole lot of shots just miss. I'm not convinced Demko can keep this up for another game, and I figure the dam is going to break at some point, and midnight will strike. If I'm Vegas, I keep playing the same way, and convince myself that eventually things will turn. But I don't really care for them all the same, and would love to see them get upset, even if it is by the Canuckleheads.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Hoping the great Hutchinson has one more win in him. Would much rather watch the Avs stars play another round than anyone on the Stars.
I really don't have anything against the Stars to be honest, but watching the Avs is quite entertaining.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
As much as it pains to me to say, if that Canucks team was wearing basically any other jersey they'd be very easy to root for. Hughes, Boeser, Horvat, and EP are all amazing young talents and watching them play is good fun. They're very unlike the 2011 team that had Burrows, Lapierre etc. These Canucks are good, exciting to watch and are actually likable. Way more likable than Vegas in all honesty, that team is so dickish and whiny. At the end of the day though, it's Vancouver so f*** em. As long as they're out though I don't care who wins the west at this point, I dislike all of the teams remaining.

Go Eastern Conference

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
On the bright side, if Demko carries the Canucks into the next round and becomes the starter that probably means Markstrom is hitting the market.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
On the bright side, if Demko carries the Canucks into the next round and becomes the starter that probably means Markstrom is hitting the market.
I think they'd be smart to keep Markstrom still. They are seeing first hand what having two solid goalies can do. Especially with Demko making 1mil next year.

Problem will be if they give Markstrom a NMC/NTC.

Reactions: McFuhryous

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Lmao Kadri is exactly what the Leafs need. A solid secondary scorer with heart and grit.

I'm loving his success in Colorado as well
He is one of those players that needed a change of scenery. With that being said I don't think they did well in the trade

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So was there no way to move the Nucks game to tomorrow instead of having an afternoon game today? Would also result in one less back to back game.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Lmao Kadri is exactly what the Leafs need. A solid secondary scorer with heart and grit.

I'm loving his success in Colorado as well

Toronto decided Kadri had to go because of that stupid hit that they decided cost them the series and now they are going to run Andersen out of town.

Everyone except Dumbass knows they need d but they would rather run useful players out of town.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto decided Kadri had to go because of that stupid hit that they decided cost them the series and now they are going to run Andersen out of town.

Everyone except Dumbass knows they need d but they would rather run useful players out of town.
I think he legitimately thinks he can sign Piterangelo and that they can put anyone in net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad