GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v25

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
That's the version of Eberle on the PP that I don't miss. He can't help himself from over-handling the puck when he should be passing or shooting.

Two key turnovers on a 5-on-3.
He’s tied for 19th in playoff scoring with 13 points in 18 games and +6. Coach seems to be giving him all the minutes he can handle. Some fans won’t stop bashing Eberle no matter what he does.
Islanders fans are raging right now against Eberle like we were in 2017.
Dumb fans like to scapegoat one of their best players because he has flaws and limitations. Why would NY be any different than Edmonton?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
When he's with McDavid, yes.

Reaves has a better contract. Almost half the price and term.

Kassian never should have been extended.
Half the price? He’s paid 2.75m.

Edit. Didn’t realize he resigned at 1.75. About 1m too much.

atleast kassian gives us the option of a guy you can move up and down the lineup.

he’s inconsistent though.

reaves is consistent, consistently a bad hockey player.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Half the price? He’s paid 2.75m.

Edit. Didn’t realize he resigned at 1.75. About 1m too much.

atleast kassian gives us the option of a guy you can move up and down the lineup.

he’s inconsistent though.

reaves is consistent, consistently a bad hockey player.
You can't move Kassian down the lineup or he disappears. He needs to play with McDavid otherwise he doesn't do anything.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
So im pretty sure Drai is going to be snubbed of any awards...The McK loves fest is too strong after these playoffs.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
He’s tied for 19th in playoff scoring with 13 points in 18 games and +6. Coach seems to be giving him all the minutes he can handle. Some fans won’t stop bashing Eberle no matter what he does.
Dumb fans like to scapegoat one of their best players because he has flaws and limitations. Why would NY be any different than Edmonton?

Eberle was absolutely in decline in Edmonton.

I think it's safe to say there was some exaggeration in how poorly he did decline but by the same token... "Dumb fans like to scapegoat their BEST PLAYERS".... Eberle was not one of our players for awhile.

Eberle took a paycut when most players are looking for big raises/retirement deals. He is also playing for one of the best coaches at maximizing players. He is a career minus player. Even as one of NYI premium players, given every opportunity, he isn't even close to a ppg player.

Would I want him on our roster... hard to say. The way he was declining here in Edmonton definitely not. With how he played this year... maybe. 5.5 is fairly reasonable for a top 6 winger.

I take Strome over Eberle for the Oilers all day every day. Right now the Oilers are desperate for a Strome type player.

If Puljujarvi comes back and plays even half as well as I think he "could" Eberle wouldn't even have a spot on our roster.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I’m smelling an islanders win.

Of course, I’m in the bathroom so I could be smelling something else. But I believe the islanders will win. I haven’t been wrong yet in these conf finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad