GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Vegas has custom face masks for their GM's, Calgary made treliving get one from costco, not that he deserves a proper one, he doesn't know how to wear it anyways

McCrimmon doesn’t seem to know how to wear one either to be fair (noticed that other nights too).

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Always liked stone, I remember watching him live and he scored a hatty against the fins. Too bad we couldn’t get a winger like him. Also Emrick is hard to listen too, he’s good but it’s rough.
I think he'd be the perfect winger for McDavid - defensively solid, can strip pucks like crazy (and spring his linemates), smart positional player, can score with an open shot.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Pierre McCrosby on
5666FF3A-6FB9-4B64-8867-C3257D299CDF.gif

watch as Sidney and the hawks are out.

Reactions: FanofBadHockeyTeam

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
This ain’t the Hawks that won cups,
fans and media types are delusional. Lack of functional beef in the lineup (no Big Buff from the first cup, Bickel etc), softer (and less skilled) D, inexperienced rookies with question marks in ability (not Dach of course) vs ones that could play roles as asked (Teuvo was underwhelming but solid), had good vets in depth positions (Vermette and Richards for example on the 2015 roster). Plus no prime coach Q. Regression to the mean caught up to them hard in this series.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
I think the fact that they beat us 3-1 caused the media and fans to think that the Hawks were for real. Nope! They suck just like us :laugh:

Yup, strolled over to their Facebook page and a lot of the fans are satisfied that they beat the Oilers (in consolation for this series loss). Guess they didn’t realize the Oilers weren’t supposed to make the playoffs either :sarcasm:

Reactions: FanofBadHockeyTeam

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
This ain’t the Hawks that won cups,
fans and media types are delusional. Lack of functional beef in the lineup (no Big Buff from the first cup, Bickel etc), softer (and less skilled) D, inexperienced rookies with question marks in ability (not Dach of course) vs ones that could play roles as asked (Teuvo was underwhelming but solid), had good vets in depth positions (Vermette and Richards for example on the 2015 roster). Plus no prime coach Q. Regression to the mean caught up to them hard in this series.

I'd say lack of any beef in their lineup. I knew they were a soft team, but honestly...Jonathan Toews might be their most imposing physical presence up front. That's ridiculous. Andrew Shaw being out of their lineup was never talked about, but I think it hurt them more than people realized.

The fact that Kassian went totally invisible against a lineup that could have been bullied so easily is very concerning.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
And here comes the NHLs ratings disaster. Pittsburgh, Toronto, Edmonton, probably Washington all gone before round 2 and their silver lining of having Chicago still in is also gone bye bye.

Hope trying to squeeze some extra TV ratings with a gimmick play in round after 1 whopping warm up game was worth it Bettman.

I'm sure Arizona getting their ass waxed by Colorado will cause a boom in hockey interest there.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
I'd say lack of any beef in their lineup. I knew they were a soft team, but honestly...Jonathan Toews might be their most imposing physical presence up front. That's ridiculous. Andrew Shaw being out of their lineup was never talked about, but I think it hurt them more than people realized.

The fact that Kassian went totally invisible against a lineup that could have been bullied so easily is very concerning.

Forgot about Shaw. His first stint he was pretty useful as well. 100% agreed that Toews was their most imposing physical presence and that's not nearly good enough.

Kassian should have ran them over, but he seems to be more of a reactionary player, unfortunately.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Geoff Ward is going to get boned in the offseason. Treliving will blame another coach when it's him who can't put together a good roster.

Bob Hartley: inherited but given an extension, then fired
Glen Gulutzan: fired after two seasons
Bill Peters: fired for racism but was gonna get turfed for shittiness anyway
Geoff Ward: probably won't get the interim label removed

Next season will be Treliving's 7th as GM and he'll most likely be on his 5th head coach.
goalies under Treliving:

Jonas Hiller
Kari Ramo
Joni Ortio
Niklas Backstrom
Brian Elliotte
Chad Johnson
Jon Gilles
Eddie Lack
Mike Smith
David Rittich
Cam Talbot

woof, Treliving's ability to identify goalies is as bad as his ability to wear masks

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
goalies under Treliving:

Jonas Hiller
Kari Ramo
Joni Ortio
Niklas Backstrom
Brian Elliotte
Chad Johnson
Jon Gilles
Eddie Lack
Mike Smith
David Rittich
Cam Talbot

woof, Treliving's ability to identify goalies is as bad as his ability to wear masks
Man oh man that’s a list

I loved Hiller at one point. Kind of dropped off, but damn he was good.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
goalies under Treliving:

Jonas Hiller
Kari Ramo
Joni Ortio
Niklas Backstrom
Brian Elliotte
Chad Johnson
Jon Gilles
Eddie Lack
Mike Smith
David Rittich
Cam Talbot

They fell in love with Talbot this playoff and will resign him to a 3 year deal I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad