GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v21

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Respect to Rask. A newborn in May and 2 young daughters. No time with family.

Sweeney said they weren't surprised. I suspect his heart wasn't in it from the beginning.

Of course the quality Boston fans have their knives out for him, but then there's a contingent who hate him for some reason even when he leads them to Game 7 of the SCF.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
His child was born a few months ago according to a poster on the main board thread. I completely understand. You only have that one time in your life to bond with your newborn child.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Too much licking going on in that dressing room maybe...
Kind of glad Toronto has been taken care of.

Anything can happen in this playoffs. The two certainties have already happened - Oilers flubbing and Toronto out early.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Apart from the 5OT game these playoffs have been fairly dull. The lack of crowd really takes a raw element out of the game and even the games themselves are rarely all that intense. There's only a few series in this first round that are actually competitive to boot. At this rate none of them will go the full seven games.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Vegas could pound any club into dust. Very good top drawer lineup.

Hawks have even hung around a bit in the games, But Vegas way too much of a match for them. Men against boys.

Vegas has solid vet leadership as well. So much of it. This could be their year.
Unless they go up against the Avs which has a real chance of happening. The Avalanche are a buzzsaw.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Apart from the 5OT game these playoffs have been fairly dull. The lack of crowd really takes a raw element out of the game and even the games themselves are rarely all that intense. There's only a few series in this first round that are actually competitive to boot. At this rate none of them will go the full seven games.

i find it impossible to watch any complete game. I'll say it too the NHL bland blue backdrop on the seats is just deplorably boring looking. The music just awful. i mean they could at least gone with some kind of sound and lite combo to stir some interest with lack of crowds. The NHL production in this has just abeen abysmal. I feel like I'm watching third level production. They don't even use the mid rink electronic banners that would at least make it a little more visually interesting.

Make me feel like I'm watching something. this is as lame as if they just had a bunch of cars displayed in the front corners like in Europe.

The height of dismal is hiring bored girls to throw some hats on the ice to Connor. A WTF moment and pretty much signifying how lame this NHL production is.

This is an arena with world class jumbotron, world class projection ability, world class audio visual. Its not being used to 25% of its capability. T mobile arena has better production for preseason games than we've ever seen here.

The NHL was unwrapping this as if people would be astounded at the production. Where? What? yawn.

Reactions: Indiana

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
i find it impossible to watch any complete game. I'll say it too the NHL bland blue backdrop on the seats is just deplorably boring looking. The music just awful. i mean they could at least gone with some kind of sound and lite combo to stir some interest with lack of crowds. The NHL production in this has just abeen abysmal. I feel like I'm watching third level production. They don't even use the mid rink electronic banners that would at least make it a little more visually interesting.

Make me feel like I'm watching something. this is as lame as if they just had a bunch of cars displayed in the front corners like in Europe.

The height of dismal is hiring bored girls to throw some hats on the ice to Connor. A WTF moment and pretty much signifying how lame this NHL production is.

This is an arena with world class jumbotron, world class projection ability, world class audio visual. Its not being used to 25% of its capability. T mobile arena has better production for preseason games than we've ever seen here.

The NHL was unwrapping this as if people would be astounded at the production. Where? What? yawn.
In the NHL's defense I do think they're using music and whatnot from the home arena of whoever's playing, but yeah it's impossible to recreate that atmosphere. It just feels like a glorified preseason.

But the lack of competitiveness and rivalry is honestly the main issue I have. None of the series so far I would consider a rivalry. Say what you want about the "old" format but it promoted divisional rivalries. Where we get such classic matchups as the Isles/Caps and the Flames/Stars. Woohoo.

Reactions: Faelko

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
In the NHL's defense I do think they're using music and whatnot from the home arena of whoever's playing, but yeah it's impossible to recreate that atmosphere. It just feels like a glorified preseason.

But the lack of competitiveness and rivalry is honestly the main issue I have. None of the series so far I would consider a rivalry. Say what you want about the "old" format but it promoted divisional rivalries. Where we get such classic matchups as the Isles/Caps and the Flames/Stars. Woohoo.

The NHL was so worried about getting their big market teams in that they completely missed an opportunity to have a bunch of great divisional matchups. They played around 70 games with the focus on divisional play and completely ignored it when it came time to do the schedule. Not that I’m shocked, league is run by idiots.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
No Flames or Canucks today = No pain for us.

Sounds like a good day of unstressful hockey to me.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

They do seem like exhibition games but as far as music at the rink goes may I recommend the Stones- Exile on Main Street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad