GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v21

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
They would of gone points percentage at the bare minimum to make the standings fair with the pause. Flyers Penguins would of happened but Vancouver would of JUST moved above Calgary, so we wouldn't have gotten this match either way.

Details......:)

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Boston fans are rather ruthless. Haven't checked the fan reactions about Rask but I'm expecting a lot of hate.

ftr I have no problem with him or anyone else opting out regardless of their reasoning.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Avs commentators saying they've never seen a player like MacKinnon who can make plays at such high speeds.

Um what

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

SN should use this guys YEG photos to show on the broadcasts. Takes great pics of the city every day.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Avs commentators saying they've never seen a player like MacKinnon who can make plays at such high speeds.

Um what

Hey, they're probably not lying. They wouldn't bother to pay attention to McDavid when he plays the Avs and I doubt they ever bother to watch him when he's playing otherwise :rolleyes:

Gordievsky

Jan 18, 2019
Apart from the 5OT game these playoffs have been fairly dull. The lack of crowd really takes a raw element out of the game and even the games themselves are rarely all that intense. There's only a few series in this first round that are actually competitive to boot. At this rate none of them will go the full seven games.

I thought the Leafs-CBJ series had some pretty intense drama. I mean as much as I dislike the Leafs, that G4 comeback was pretty impressive. What you say as a coach (Tortorella) to a team to rebuild their confidence after that, I'm not sure... but somehow Torts did it. Looking back, I'm surprised I didn't put a wager on the Leafs to win G5, on the basis that the emotional letdown from crashing in G4 would have been too much for the CBJ to overcome.

Gordievsky

Jan 18, 2019
i find it impossible to watch any complete game. I'll say it too the NHL bland blue backdrop on the seats is just deplorably boring looking. The music just awful. i mean they could at least gone with some kind of sound and lite combo to stir some interest with lack of crowds. The NHL production in this has just abeen abysmal. I feel like I'm watching third level production. They don't even use the mid rink electronic banners that would at least make it a little more visually interesting.

Make me feel like I'm watching something. this is as lame as if they just had a bunch of cars displayed in the front corners like in Europe.

The height of dismal is hiring bored girls to throw some hats on the ice to Connor. A WTF moment and pretty much signifying how lame this NHL production is.

This is an arena with world class jumbotron, world class projection ability, world class audio visual. Its not being used to 25% of its capability. T mobile arena has better production for preseason games than we've ever seen here.

The NHL was unwrapping this as if people would be astounded at the production. Where? What? yawn.

I don't disagree with you but the NHL always seems to be a step behind the other big leagues in production values, and this is their first shot at running a league with no fans. No surprise that the atmosphere is a bit antiseptic.

Credit where it's due, the NHL has shown that this bubble idea is the far superior way to run your league in the circumstances. Last time I checked most MLB teams had played 20 games but some (STL) were stuck at like 5. We are expecting a phase 2 Covid spike in September, they're saying. I can't imagine how this would work if teams were flying back and forth to each other's cities, hotels and rinks during all this.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
This has got the be literally the only way the Yotes can win against the Avs :rolleyes::laugh::help:

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Pierre McCrosby talking about the Yotes having a plan and sticking to it but that whole plan revolves around Kuemper. Hard to game plan solely around that.

Aves again now have the yotes right where they want them, 1 down and 50 seconds left lol.

Reactions: Del Preston

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Pierre says the early goalie pull is working out for the Avs after they allowed an EN goal and then scored one to be back to where they started.

Doh, a 2nd EN goal. Avs have 5 seconds to score again so the early pull will have worked out again.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Coyotes win but are outshot 51-23.

I don’t think the Avs are too worried . I mean how many sweeps are there ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad