GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Unless they go up against the Avs which has a real chance of happening. The Avalanche are a buzzsaw.

I would cheer for Vegas. I have a lunatic distaste for the AVs. Just not my club and I can't explain why. For some odd reason I love watching Mackinnon cry or lose his top. Its irrational, but I just can't stand him.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Apart from the 5OT game these playoffs have been fairly dull. The lack of crowd really takes a raw element out of the game and even the games themselves are rarely all that intense. There's only a few series in this first round that are actually competitive to boot. At this rate none of them will go the full seven games.

I’ve really tried to remain interested and watch the games, but just can’t do it. Combination of lack of atmosphere, lack of rivalry games, nice weather outside, etc. Just watching the odd bit here and there, mainly some of the Flame games. Hopefully I get the urge back to watch once the games have a bit more meaning.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I’ve really tried to remain interested and watch the games, but just can’t do it. Combination of lack of atmosphere, lack of rivalry games, nice weather outside, etc. Just watching the odd bit here and there, mainly some of the Flame games. Hopefully I get the urge back to watch once the games have a bit more meaning.

Usually round 1 is the best round in the playoffs. This round 1 blows thanks to the league going to the stupid play in and intra-conference format.

The league had a Pittsburgh Philly and Edmonton Calgary round 1. Instead we get Philly Montreal (yawn) and Calgary Dallas (double yawn).

NHL really can’t get out of their own way.

Reactions: bellagiobob

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Usually round 1 is the best round in the playoffs. This round 1 blows thanks to the league going to the stupid play in and intra-conference format.

The league had a Pittsburgh Philly and Edmonton Calgary round 1. Instead we get Philly Montreal (yawn) and Calgary Dallas (double yawn).

The participation trophy will look nice on the Hawks mantle though, don't you think?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Milbury stating that Brind'Amour should stop complaining about the officials. Wonder why a giant Bruins homer would say that?

NBC has a problem when they allow Milbury and Olczyk to call their home team games.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Not a fan of Marchand but felt that this gif was appropriate

source.gif

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Slew foot. Tackle. Interference. Call it what you will that was a penalty and should be a suspension. You can’t do this.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

They would of gone points percentage at the bare minimum to make the standings fair with the pause. Flyers Penguins would of happened but Vancouver would of JUST moved above Calgary, so we wouldn't have gotten this match either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad