GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v20

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I lived in Montreal when I was a kid in the 70s. Dryden and Lafleur and their dynasty. So, there's always a place for that city after Edmonton. That includes the Alouettes.

There have been a few hockey players who were better than "The Flower" (Gretzky, Lemieux) but nobody was as exciting and charismatic.

I loved Lafleur's politics too--politically incorrect, honest and irreverent. It was in the days before players were coached on what to say in public.

I haven't heard much about him since his major heart surgery last year, hope he's all right.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Seems to be full of himself. I get that strange vibe . I could be wrong of course. I don't get that vibe with Fuhr, Anderson and to a lesser extent Gretzky. I get that same vibe with Coffey as well. Obviously, it's been years but I look at those two differently now.

I would take Messier over Anderson when it comes to "full of themselves" but yes, some pretty big egos that's for sure. Fuhr, Gretzky and Kurri were more down to earth, that's for sure.

Say, whatever happened to Kevin Lowe? He seems to have gone underground in the Oiler organization.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Rask suddenly opting out is what I was hoping Toews was going to do in our play-in series, because of early rumours
But yeah, besides the family aspect Rask also said the games feel like exhibition games. Not the right mind for a goalie to in at all

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Any truth to a little family squabble in the Calgary in the family bubble? or is that just Lucic haters causing trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad