GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Is Jim Nill finally going to get poopcanned, or maybe he gets once last chance because Montgomery had to be fired.

Oil rise to the top

Jan 15, 2019
'berta
Such BS. Stars deserve this win
At least 3 crossbars, 4 open net misses, flamers getting the lucky bounces

Flames with horseshoes far up their asses in this game

Reactions: Dan403

Captain Fantastic

Cpt. Fallustina
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Awesome. Great hockey. I remember as well, ‘81 especially lol
I moved to Edmonton in summer of 79. Didn't like the Oilers for the first few years but once Montreal's dynasty team disbanded, I followed the Oilers from 1983 onwards. Hated the Bruins with a passion. What happened in 81 that's significant?

Reactions: SleazyP

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I moved to Edmonton in summer of 79. Didn't like the Oilers for the first few years but once Montreal's dynasty team disbanded, I followed the Oilers from 1983 onwards. Hated the Bruins with a passion. What happened in 81 that's significant?
All good, just a friendly jab. I recall hearing how Lafluer was gonna put Gretzky in his hip pocket is all. Go Habs...I guess

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic

Cpt. Fallustina
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
All good, just a friendly jab. I recall hearing how Lafluer was gonna put Gretzky in his hip pocket is all. Go Habs...I guess
I was such a Habs fan. I was like "Lafleur" is better than Gretzky and was mad at all the attention Gretz was getting. Dumb kid , what can I say...lol. Once I started rooting for the Oilers, Messier was my favorite player. Now I can't stand him. Dryden is my everlasting legend. Meeting him was an absolute thrill.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I was such a Habs fan. I was like "Lafleur" is better than Gretzky and was mad at all the attention Gretz was getting. Dumb kid , what can I say...lol. Once I started rooting for the Oilers, Messier was my favorite player. Now I can't stand him. Dryden is my everlasting legend. Meeting him was an absolute thrill.
Great post, but I have to ask why can’t you stand Mess?

Captain Fantastic

Cpt. Fallustina
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Great post, but I have to ask why can’t you stand Mess?
Seems to be full of himself. I get that strange vibe . I could be wrong of course. I don't get that vibe with Fuhr, Anderson and to a lesser extent Gretzky. I get that same vibe with Coffey as well. Obviously, it's been years but I look at those two differently now.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
How does the radio work for length? How come Vancouver's SNET 650 literally do a post game show for hours? It is still on right now. When the Oilers played, I would hear garbage ESPN or some bS maybe 1 hour after. Do the hosts here have the same work ethic as the Oilers?

650 Van has literally been on for like 4 hours and they go on until 2-3 am some nights.

Last edited:

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Seems to be full of himself. I get that strange vibe . I could be wrong of course. I don't get that vibe with Fuhr, Anderson and to a lesser extent Gretzky. I get that same vibe with Coffey as well. Obviously, it's been years but I look at those two differently now.
He does have trophies and roads in his name. He’s an Oilers hero. Full of himself? I don’t know about that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->