Around the League - 2019/20 Season Edition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Why did Reimer play? Is Mrazek injured? Or because of back to back?

I thought maybe due to the back-to-back scenario, and NYR also made that change. Conversely, WPG and CGY played Hellebuyck (probably no surprise there, given the Vezina finalist status and all) and Talbot respectively in both games.

It's definitely a point of interest for Game 4 in our series. That's going to be a potential elimination game for one of the teams. It would be really great for the Leafs to win Game 3 and theoretically increase their options for that following night.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Sucks for the Rangers. Playoffs started on Aug 1st and ended on Aug 4th. 4 day run - zero wins.

God I hope we win our series, I would hate to be out by the Aug 9th (or 7th)

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Florida survives. Isles now lead 2-1.
Also if Habs have any chance to upset the Pens, today's game is crucial.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
What the heck is going on with Boston? As much as I love the idea of the team slumping this much I can’t help but be surprised. They look pretty terrible since returning to play. Maybe they’re not motivated? Hopefully we manage to make it past Columbus and they continue to falter.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Boston will rebound when it counts. That I can assure you of. Unfortunately I see this as their wake up call. Whoever ends up facing them in round one will be in for a tough go.

Reactions: Gallagbi

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Bruins are done if Crosby doesn't come through.

Carolina will make quick work of them.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Bruins are done if Crosby doesn't come through.

Carolina will make quick work of them.

Just to confirm my understanding. If the broons end up last in the round robbin, then they will play the highest seeded qualifier team, right? So it's either Caroline which already got through or Pitts, if they make it.

Pens vs Broons has a nice ring to it. Crosby vs Berg.

They have 1 game left against the capitals. If they win they have a chance of going up to 3rd spot but not for certain. Right?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Boston will rebound when it counts. That I can assure you of. Unfortunately I see this as their wake up call. Whoever ends up facing them in round one will be in for a tough go.

I'd never count them down for good, theyve earned enough that suggests otherwise. BUT they also have their own challenges as a team - Bergeron is slowing down a bit, only played 11min last game.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Just to confirm my understanding. If the broons end up last in the round robbin, then they will play the highest seeded qualifier team, right? So it's either Caroline which already got through or Pitts, if they make it.

Pens vs Broons has a nice ring to it. Crosby vs Berg.

They have 1 game left against the capitals. If they win they have a chance of going up to 3rd spot but not for certain. Right?

Your understanding is correct :) The matchups will go by the seed numbers currently assigned to the qualifier teams and the results of the round robin. best versus last, second best versus second last etc.

Reactions: willmma

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
Was really hoping for a Bruins Pens matchup in the first round after the Bruins lost again. Seeing two teams who receive favourable officiating go head to head would be interesting.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Imagine the leafs lose and get Laf while the habs beat the pens to get swept afterwards.....that would be something else.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Imagine the leafs lose and get Laf while the habs beat the pens to get swept afterwards.....that would be something else.
I wonder if it would be like when Toronto was about to draft Matthews 1st overall and you hear reports of Arizona doing everything possible to trade for that pick since he was from there. Would there be pressure for the Canadiens to trade up for the 1st pick since Laf was born just outside of Montreal.

Last edited:

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
If the Habs pull this off they’re screwing themselves in two key ways going forward.

1. No chance at Lafreniere when they’re in desperate need of premier talent.

2. Molson, who already puts too much faith in Bergevin, would ensure the man has another half decade of job security, allowing him to screw up for longer.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Bettman must be freaking out his Yotes might fall out of Laf sweepstakes.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
If the Habs pull this off they’re screwing themselves in two key ways going forward.

1. No chance at Lafreniere when they’re in desperate need of premier talent.

2. Molson, who already puts too much faith in Bergevin, would ensure the man has another half decade of job security, allowing him to screw up for longer.
Best of both worlds..

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad