OT: Around The League: 2018-2019 - Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Cody Eakin has quietly had a hell of a start to the season. 11 goals and 20 points through 26 games. Already met his goals total of last year.

He is shooting at an ungodly rate of 28%, though.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Looking that the Ducks-Hawks game. Crawford gives off some serious Kari post concussion vibes. He seems shot because of all his injuries.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Whats going on with the Mild ? Getting obliterated by the Oilers and in general seemingly in freefall ? In general the Central has really taken a hit . Two of the worst teams in the league now in the division and the Hawks are clearly gunning for that #1 spot.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The Wild have enough talent along with regular season wizard Boudreau to remain a threat for the time being - I think they’re just going through a rough patch.

Nashville and Winnipeg are legit. Colorado’s season is eerily similar to ours in 2015-2016. Unless the Pacific gets their shit together or we start struggling to play .500 hockey again, I think we should feel pretty good about where we’re headed right now.

Playoffs are a different beast.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The Pacific has gotten better these last 10 games or so. Suddenly Vegas and the Oilers are in the playoff picture and the Yotes aren't awful this year. Played less than anyone in the Conference . Canucks are pretty bad but can win against decent teams only the Kings are absolutely and truely awful.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Kings of all team just gave Vegas a beating. Not sure what that , if anything , that means for tomorows game.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Gemel Smith made his Bruins debut tonight. They won 6-3 but he went -1 with no points but at least got 11:40 in even strength ice time. Good for him. Much better than 3 mins lol

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Gemel Smith made his Bruins debut tonight. They won 6-3 but he went -1 with no points but at least got 11:40 in even strength ice time. Good for him. Much better than 3 mins lol

It's his first game . Give it time before his minutes get reduced to sub 5 minutes. Bruins Coach doesn't know him yet . Under Hitch Gemel didn't fare any better than he did under Monty this year.

From what i've seen he looked like the Gemel we all know. Some great looking rushes on the wing paired with some floating.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
It's his first game . Give it time before his minutes get reduced to sub 5 minutes. Bruins Coach doesn't know him yet . Under Hitch Gemel didn't fare any better than he did under Monty this year.

From what i've seen he looked like the Gemel we all know. Some great looking rushes on the wing paired with some floating.
Never thought of him as a floater. Not once.
Just thought he was a skilled, high speed skater with suboptimal hockey IQ/hands.
Never once questioned his effort.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Never thought of him as a floater. Not once.
Just thought he was a skilled, high speed skater with suboptimal hockey IQ/hands.
Never once questioned his effort.

In the defensive zone i never liked him and i think the coaches didn't either. Maybe float is the wrong word but he was never good there. Maybe because he's pretty small-ish ?

I think a 3rd-4th liner with defensive issues struggles these days in the NHL to find a consistent spot on a team .

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
In the defensive zone i never liked him and i think the coaches didn't either. Maybe float is the wrong word but he was never good there. Maybe because he's pretty small-ish ?

I think a 3rd-4th liner with defensive issues struggles these days in the NHL to find a consistent spot on a team .
Yep. Same page.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Canucks demolishing the Blues right now. Pettersson with a 5 point night and Boeser with a hat trick.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Love the fact that the Blues traded their 2019 1st round pick away

Sucks the Hawks still have theirs though

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Love the fact that the Blues traded their 2019 1st round pick away

Sucks the Hawks still have theirs though

Actually the Blues can keep their pick if it's in the top 10. They'd simply defer it to 2020.

Colorado also has Ottawa's 1st this year.

We could be looking at 3 top 5 picks within the division.

Again, f*** the Central.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hawks are the best tankers i've seen in a while. In close games they're excellent at pissing away the game and giving up late goal . They're competetive against almost anyone but still manage to just lose every damn time it seems.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Hawks are the best tankers i've seen in a while. In close games they're excellent at pissing away the game and giving up late goal . They're competetive against almost anyone but still manage to just lose every damn time it seems.

Not the one game I was at in Miami :laugh:

They tied it with a second left and won it in OT.

I guess Florida’s better at losing.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Not the one game I was at in Miami :laugh:

They tied it with a second left and won it in OT.

I guess Florida’s better at losing.

Was it early in the year when Hawks still won their close games and mostly in OT ? Now they just straight up lose in regulation. 7 regulation losses in a row now. Doesn't matter anymore who they play . Bad team , good team , rested team , tired team , Hawks find a way to lose .

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Crazy maybe not-so-crazy theory: They're definitely tanking. Coach Q wasn't on board so they fired him and now have this guy in there that has managed to lose 14 of their last 17 games. Doesn't help that he puts their 4th line out there when they need a goal in the final minutes of play lmao

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Was it early in the year when Hawks still won their close games and mostly in OT ? Now they just straight up lose in regulation. 7 regulation losses in a row now. Doesn't matter anymore who they play . Bad team , good team , rested team , tired team , Hawks find a way to lose .

It was a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad