Around the League 2018-2019 Part 2- Everyone is having fun except us

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Jesus, DET is tied with VGK with 9:00 left and gives up a SHG. It's a tie for the biggest dumpster team between LA and DET. OTT and NJD are playing better than both teams.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Jesus, DET is tied with VGK with 9:00 left and gives up a SHG. It's a tie for the biggest dumpster team between LA and DET. OTT and NJD are playing better than both teams.

I wouldn’t have expected them to get anything from that game but, they at least picked up one point as it stands.

Going to OT.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I think the Kings can develop goaltenders. I think what they need to be looking for, and hopefully they already have it in Petersen, is a player with the same compete-level as Quick. You get a guy in the Kings goalie development system who wants to win just as bad as Quick did, and goaltending shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

source.gif

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Devils got Hischier, Palmieri, Zacha, Vatanen, and Mueller back for the last game. Almost forgot what it was like to have an NHL lineup.

Excellent. Not too tough of a schedule down the stretch. I don't think the Kings will overtake them.

I think the Devils will bag a few more wins.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Not like the NHL never had a divisional playoff format before. There were tough matchups back in the day in the opening round as well.

Jets v Flames (84-85), Caps v Islanders (85-86), Sabres v Habs (89-90), Pens v Caps (1991-92), Quebec v Habs (1992-93) as examples of teams at the top of the overall standings that had to matchup with each other in the 1st round.

I love the people are complaining about this format. Tough shit. Oh poor Leafs, they get matched up with the big bad Bruins. It's just not fair.

https://www.tsn.ca/an-annual-reminder-of-the-current-nhl-playoff-format-s-flaws-1.1279488

Last edited:

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Not like the NHL never had a divisional playoff format before. There were tough matchups back in the day in the opening round as well.

Jets v Flames (84-85), Caps v Islanders (85-86), Sabres v Habs (89-90), Pens v Caps (1991-92), Quebec v Habs (1992-93) as examples of teams at the top of the overall standings that had to matchup with each other in the 1st round.

I love the people are complaining about this format. Tough ****. Oh poor Leafs, they get matched up with the big bad Bruins. It's just not fair.

https://www.tsn.ca/an-annual-reminder-of-the-current-nhl-playoff-format-s-flaws-1.1279488

I like the format because I like the California match-ups. If 2 (or more) California teams are in the playoffs I want them to meet and this format increases that chance. I get that others get bored of the same teams playing each other and the issue it causes with strong divisions but I don't really care about that.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I think the Kings can develop goaltenders. I think what they need to be looking for, and hopefully they already have it in Petersen, is a player with the same compete-level as Quick. You get a guy in the Kings goalie development system who wants to win just as bad as Quick did, and goaltending shouldn't be a problem.
I think the Kings ability to "develop" goaltenders is over.

For years every goaltender the Kings threw in net posted good numbers. Those days have ended, and they're probably not coming back anytime soon.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso

I love the people are complaining about this format. Tough ****. Oh poor Leafs, they get matched up with the big bad Bruins. It's just not fair.

Exactly. Why even have divisions and conferences? Why play certain teams more than others?
There's no such thing as a perfect format and complaining about it is having a loser mentality. It's fine the way it is.

Reactions: crassbonanza
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad