Around the League 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
They'll move futures for Karlsson, and JT or TJ in a subsequent deal to spare them from going to OTT :laugh:

I think something like

Sergachev+Gourde+Raddysh+2020 1st for EK65

move TJ/JT in a subsequent deal for futures to replenish the cupboards + cap room

They would need to move both JT & TJ to free enough cap space. Doubt they include Sergachev. Take him out, put Foote in and add Stralman. Then moving either TJ or JT works. Raddysh and Foote are 2 pretty good looking futures.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Karlsson's cap hit is only $6.5M this season, so the Bolts would have to move $3-4M out. Trading Stralman or Coburn should do the trick.

Good point. I was forgetting that - but they still will need to make more space by next season.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Good point. I was forgetting that - but they still will need to make more space by next season.

They have 3 dmen with a combined 11 plus million worth of cap space becoming UFA's next summer which will help. They will still be in a horrible spot to sign Point and Kucherov though if they are paying Karalasson 11 million.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
They would need to move both JT & TJ to free enough cap space. Doubt they include Sergachev. Take him out, put Foote in and add Stralman. Then moving either TJ or JT works. Raddysh and Foote are 2 pretty good looking futures.
Stral won't waive . I'd rather have serg than Foote if I'm Ott

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yes. It has to Serg as the main D piece. Then a forward prospect, roster player and a first.
I think that's too much from the Bolts.

Word is that Karlsson would only extend for the Bolts, so they had considerable leverage in the negotiations. If it's Sergachev, I would bet that the add won't be that much. He's a stud on an ELC. Karlsson is awesome, but if the Sens could get Sergachev and a 1st, that's not a bad haul, considering the lack of competition for a signed Karlsson.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
McDonagh w/ 1 year remaining at 4.7M at the TDL+JT Miller returned Brett Howden, Libor Hajek, Vlad Namestnikov, a 1st in 2018 and conditional 1st/2nd in 2019

just a reminder

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
No, he has a full NTC per capfriendly.

I see CF gives 1 description if you mouse over the "NTC" on the team page and another if you go to the player page. The 20 team trade list doesn't kick in until June15/'21.

Makes no difference in this case anyway. No way Sens would be on his trade list.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I have no idea why OTT would take a worse return to get rid of Ryan. Take the best return for a franchise player and deal with Ryan sticking around.

Yes, but the point is that VGK can match any Dallas offer plus take on Ryan. Not saying they will but they could. Sens could retain a couple of mil to grease the deal a bit. One team is going to do more than simply match the other bidders. They are going to bid higher to win the auction. VGK is in the best position to do that, Dallas the worst among the 3 we are discussing.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Tampa’s package is likely centered on Kucherov and Sergachev plus picks. Not sure both would go to Ottawa, I think they’ll deal one for a 1st rounder to send to the Sens, perhaps with another salary dump included to a 3rd team.

Hopefully for Ottawa’s sake they’ve given up on dumping Ryan with Karlsson. I honestly can’t see a package from VGK being that good. VGK would be crazy to send a bunch of picks out at this point in their development.

I can't see them giving up both Kuch and Serg. Giving up either of those would be doubtful to me but both would be out of the question.

VGK might be crazy to send out a bunch of picks but remember who their GM is. He is still the guy who traded Forsberg for Erat!

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
OTT's main target was Hesikanen from DAL. DAL is balking and I don't think DAL can absorb the Ryan contract or compete with the quantity of great prospects TBL and VGK has to offer (w/o Heiskanen of course).

I think Dorion/Melnyk's end goal is to unload Ryan but is using TBL (w/o Ryan) to augment the offer from VGK to take on both EK65+Ryan and ultimately hand over Glass in a deal since that was the initial sticking point.

VGK can offer a competitive deal with or without Ryan, it's just matter of if they want too.

This is the same team that didn't want Mike Hoffman in the same division, but is willing to trade Erik freaking Karlsson WITH extension in the same division. Just lol.

My Elliote Friedman hat is on btw

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Better TB than Vegas or Dallas for the Jets...

Perhaps, but I feel like we could still beat those teams with Karlsson. Adding him to a team already as good as TB is dangerous for the league (think Warriors).

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Detroit might be a team to watch out for regarding cap issues:

21 roster players signed for $74.872M
2 RFAs in Dylan Larkin and Anthony Mantha
$4.628M in free cap space to sign them.
$8.583M in free cap space to sign them assuming full recovery of Franzen's $3.955M cap hit via LTIR exception.
Some rumors that Zetterberg might not play?!

Last edited:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I just hope Ottawa turns to us with regards to replacing Karlsson with Myers. Myers' contract is attractive for a team with no willingness whatsoever to pay money for players.

Reactions: Mathil8

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I just hope Ottawa turns to us with regards to replacing Karlsson with Myers. Myers' contract is attractive for a team with no willingness whatsoever to pay money for players.
ottawa's tanking, not replacing. i mean, rebuilding, since they have a bit of a draft dillypickle coming up.
Myers would likely be of zero interest to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad