Around the League 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The big shoe mentioned some Ottawa I wider is mentioning EK is heading to Tampa. No clue how that works.... but if it comes to fruition it keeps him out of the West.

The return package would probably include salary going back the other way. So who might it be?

Cal Foote
'19 1st - becomes '20 1st if TBL win SC - see NYR trade
Tyler Johnson
Anton Stralman

Considering where TBL are likely to draft that still seems a bit thin. But compare to the rumoured Dallas package.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
The return package would probably include salary going back the other way. So who might it be?

Cal Foote
Tyler Johnson
Anton Stralman

Considering where TBL are likely to draft that still seems a bit thin. But compare to the rumoured Dallas package.

After seven years in the Lightning organization, Tyler Johnson is not waiving his full NTC he has negotiated for to leave a top contender and spend the next six years in Ottawa until he becomes a UFA in 2024. Nope.

Reactions: surixon and Mathil8

None

Feb 22, 2012

Cal Foote
Tyler Johnson
Anton Stralman

There's more actual dollars this year going back to the Sens than Karlsson apparently wants (11m Karlsson vs 11.25m for Johnson and Stralman). In addition Johnson has a full NTC, do you think anyone in the NHL is going to waive for Ottawa at this point?

I'm thinking any deal is going to have 2 firsts and prospects, Tampa's going to need to move salary out to another team considering Melnyk.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
They'll move futures for Karlsson, and JT or TJ in a subsequent deal to spare them from going to OTT :laugh:

I think something like

Sergachev+Gourde+Raddysh+2020 1st for EK65

move TJ/JT in a subsequent deal for futures to replenish the cupboards + cap room

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Oooohhhh

(Yost usually doesn't do the McKenzie/Friedman type insider stuff, but for the last half year or so, he's been tweeting out "rumors" strictly concerning the Senators. I have to imagine that the Sens have a malcontent employee constantly feeding him stuff...)

Isn't the Sens front office just Melnyk and Dorion now? :laugh:

Reactions: surixon

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Karlsson's cap hit is only $6.5M this season, so the Bolts would have to move $3-4M out. Trading Stralman or Coburn should do the trick.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Next years cap will be a maze :laugh:

TBL has strong prospect depth in Fs, they can move 1-2 roster guys. But re-signing EK and Kuch costs roughly 20m. and then you have to deal w/ Point

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Like I said yesterday, Dallas was low balling and will now lose out. They're really gonna lose on franchise prime EK because they won't budge on Heiskanen? I get the prospect is good but you gotta give to get, and Honka was a joke going back.
Chatter was OTT had no leverage, but we'll see what TB gives them. More competition should ramp up the offers.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Like I said yesterday, Dallas was low balling and will now lose out. They're really gonna lose on franchise prime EK because they won't budge on Heiskanen? I get the prospect is good but you gotta give to get, and Honka was a joke going back.
DAL simply doesn't have the prospect depth to compete w/ TBL or VGK if they do not include Heiskanen. Imagine if Heiskanen busts in the NHL and you're a Dallas fan thinking he could have been the main piece in an Erik Karlsson trade. Chances of Heiskanen busting might be slim, but it is still Erik freaking Karlsson

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
DAL simply doesn't have the prospect depth to compete w/ TBL or VGK if they do not include Heiskanen. Imagine if Heiskanen busts in the NHL and you're a Dallas fan thinking he could have been the main piece in an Erik Karlsson trade. Chances of Heiskanen busting might be slim, but it is still Erik freaking Karlsson
Faksa, Heiskanen, 1st 2nd gets it done
That's a lot but not for 8 years of EK

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
wild card here is that VGK can take both EK65 and Ryan, something TBL (and I believe Dallas) cant do. It's been quiet on Vegas' front for the last 24-48 hrs or so

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
wild card here is that VGK can take both EK65 and Ryan, something TBL (and I believe Dallas) cant do. It's been quiet on Vegas' front for the last 24-48 hrs or so
I have no idea why OTT would take a worse return to get rid of Ryan. Take the best return for a franchise player and deal with Ryan sticking around.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

Probably, but that would leave a large hole at centre for the Stars. Forward depth is definitely not a position of strength and they have nothing in the pipe to come close to replacing Faksa.

Nill should move on, target Panarin, Skinner, Stone, Patches etc. I don't think the Stars are a playoff team without another legit top six forward unless Jim Montgomery has that large of an affect on the team.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Tampa’s package is likely centered on Kucherov and Sergachev plus picks. Not sure both would go to Ottawa, I think they’ll deal one for a 1st rounder to send to the Sens, perhaps with another salary dump included to a 3rd team.

Hopefully for Ottawa’s sake they’ve given up on dumping Ryan with Karlsson. I honestly can’t see a package from VGK being that good. VGK would be crazy to send a bunch of picks out at this point in their development.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Probably, but that would leave a large hole at centre for the Stars. Forward depth is definitely not a position of strength and they have nothing in the pipe to come close to replacing Faksa.

Nill should move on, target Panarin, Skinner, Stone, Patches etc. I don't think the Stars are a playoff team without another legit top six forward unless Jim Montgomery has that large of an affect on the team.
Problem is that the Stars don't have much in the way of futures to offer other than Heiskanen due to years of questionable drafting.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Tampa’s package is likely centered on Kucherov and Sergachev plus picks. Not sure both would go to Ottawa, I think they’ll deal one for a 1st rounder to send to the Sens, perhaps with another salary dump included to a 3rd team.

Hopefully for Ottawa’s sake they’ve given up on dumping Ryan with Karlsson. I honestly can’t see a package from VGK being that good. VGK would be crazy to send a bunch of picks out at this point in their development.
Sergachev, maybe, but not Kucherov.

I think the Bolts are going to load up a package of picks and prospects, starting with Foote and Howden.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Sergachev, maybe, but not Kucherov.

I think the Bolts are going to load up a package of picks and prospects, starting with Foote and Howden.
they dont have Howden

VGK can take on EK65 + Ryan which would alleviate them from sending Glass and Brannstrom i would think. They still have 18 picks the next 2 drafts if they trade a 1st too.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The Montreal Canadiens announced on Thursday that defenseman Shea Weber will be out for an extended period of time after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery to repair a meniscal tear in his right knee. His recovery period is expected to be five to six months.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
After seven years in the Lightning organization, Tyler Johnson is not waiving his full NTC he has negotiated for to leave a top contender and spend the next six years in Ottawa until he becomes a UFA in 2024. Nope.

He gets to submit a 20 team trade list - but Ottawa not likely on it.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
There's more actual dollars this year going back to the Sens than Karlsson apparently wants (11m Karlsson vs 11.25m for Johnson and Stralman). In addition Johnson has a full NTC, do you think anyone in the NHL is going to waive for Ottawa at this point?

I'm thinking any deal is going to have 2 firsts and prospects, Tampa's going to need to move salary out to another team considering Melnyk.

Karlsson wants at least 11 AAV. You have no idea what the first year salary would be.
Johnson's NTC allows him to submit a 20 team trade list - agree that Ottawa would not likely be on it.

So - how else could TBL put together an offer? Trade Johnson to somewhere that is on his list and flip the return to Ottawa? Whatever they offer, they have to clear salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad