Around the League 2018-19 v8

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I have no doubt that we would be in the Playoffs if we had Sekera all year and no Klef injury.

They would carry good momentum all year.

Nj crap game. Losing to the farkin Canucks. 3 Eastern 3rd period blown leads...Arghghgh

Not all doom and gloom to me. Need the depth fixed and the D still

They lost to the Devils without half their roster and the AHL Sens at home getting soundly outplayed in both games with a fully healthy roster. It's pretty doomy and gloomy.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
So we have another week of 3 games where all the opponents will have played the Flames the night before.
One of those opponents is Dallas, who have lost 2 in a row and play WPG, CAL, then us. They could realistically lose all 3 of those games.

Colorado's next 3 are VGK, ARI, St.L
Minnesota's next 3 are NSH, VGK, ARI
Arizona's next 3 are CHI, COL, MIN
Chicago's next 3 are ARI, SJS, LAK

At this point, I'm only hoping for McDrai points and a good draft pick. A first round sweep by the hands of the Flames wouldn't make this season any better and would confuse Bobby Burgers too much.
But just saying, as ridiculous as it sounds and as bad as this team has been, we still have a chance.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Good for the loyal fans who want the team to do good, but the long run a good 1st round draft position is more important at this stage.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
With 7 games left this season I can't comprehend how this team has the same amount of points as the canucks.

:dunno:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The Canucks always play hard and the Oilers don’t.

The Canucks have more speed and puck transition from the back end in their lineup overall.

The Oilers have McDavid and Draisaitl but it's like a $3 million dollar house that has electrical outages and the running water sometimes cuts out.

The standard 600k house that has none of those issues probably looks better at some point.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Did something happen between them that I forgot about? Both guys do a lot of cheap shots

Tkachuk elbowed Doughty in the head during his rookie season. Doughty never got over it and also never did anything about it.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Tkachuk elbowed Doughty in the head during his rookie season. Doughty never got over it and also never did anything about it.

You mean like this?

MenacingUnequaledDeer-max-1mb.gif

I don't mind Doughty, would love to have him but don't go all holier than thou-if that's his reason for hating Tkachuk.

Maybe Doughty tries to do something about it tonight lol.

Reactions: North

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Was that Can Massenhovin(sp) turning his head n back away from the hit on that Burr hit? It's like he probably heard this collision start so he turns his whole head n body around so he doesn't have to watch it n make a call :laugh:

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Oh look, Calgary gets LA's backup. Guess they want two points the easy way tomorrow night.

LA scores a minute in.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'm not the best at lip reading but it looked like that little exchange between Tkachuk and Campbell went like this:

Tkachuck: "You tell Doughty I eat pieces of shit like him for breakfast."

Campbell: "You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?"

Reactions: BlackDogg

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I'm not the best at lip reading but it looked like that little exchange between Tkachuk and Campbell went like this:

Tkachuck: "You tell Doughty I eat pieces of **** like him for breakfast."

Campbell: "You eat pieces of **** for breakfast?"
Cassie Campbell lol?

I'm imagining that interview.

Reactions: TB12 and McFuhryous
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad