Around the League 2018-19 v8

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
There must be some really bad ice in the NHL then, cause rogers ice is trash.

Unless I haven't been paying attention in the past 2 years, in the first year it was complete garbage.
It's not the ice that has been the issue. Fans think it is, but it's obvious that the players like it.

The league as a whole is having issues with pucks. They were suppose to do a trial of a new puck that is like a coors light beer can. Problem was you need to control the temperature of the puck and there was no real way to tell how frozen the pucks were when switching in new pucks. The color changing puck is suppose to help fight that.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It's not the ice that has been the issue. Fans think it is, but it's obvious that the players like it.

The league as a whole is having issues with pucks. They were suppose to do a trial of a new puck that is like a coors light beer can. Problem was you need to control the temperature of the puck and there was no real way to tell how frozen the pucks were when switching in new pucks. The color changing puck is suppose to help fight that.

For 100 years pucks have been fine.
Bettman decides welp, time to change the pucks.
Now we have a puck problem.

The NHL is a complete f***ing joke sometimes.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

The NHL is a complete ****ing joke sometimes.
Pucks are what is causing the bounce though. There is a reason why players love our ice, but the ice looks awful due to pucks bouncing all over the place.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Last I checked, the wheel is still as good as the day it was invented. No need to re-invent shit in my opinion. What's next, hyper-color jerseys to monitor player's body temperatures so they don't over exert themselves?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Last I checked, the wheel is still as good as the day it was invented. No need to re-invent **** in my opinion. What's next, hyper-color jerseys to monitor player's body temperatures so they don't over exert themselves?
The only thing they changed was an indicator that tells them when a puck isn't frozen. Pucks that aren't frozen bounce all over the place making the game worse.

Not sure why it's such a big deal. Probably one of the smartest small changes the NHL has ever attempted.

Reactions: Aerrol

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The only thing they changed was an indicator that tells them when a puck isn't frozen. Pucks that aren't frozen bounce all over the place making the game worse.

Not sure why it's such a big deal. Probably one of the smartest small changes the NHL has ever attempted.

Frozen pucks were never a problem before. They kept them in freezers in the penalty box. Not sure how hard that is. It’s like inventing something to tell you the sky is blue. (I forgot, that is called “analytics”...:sarcasm:)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Frozen pucks were never a problem before. They kept them in freezers in the penalty box. Not sure how hard that is. It’s like inventing something to tell you the sky is blue. (I forgot, that is called “analytics”...:sarcasm:)
You see those guys in the penalty boxes? Half the time they look dead and probably just take the top puck, although who knows if they can see color.

The thing is there was an issue with pucks. On good ice such is the case with ours the pucks were bouncing all over, making it appear that we had horrible ice. Which hasn't been the case since the first year when they had issues with air flow in the arena.

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

Is this really the thing about the NHL you're mad about? Not the reffing? Or the Department of Player Safety? I imagine the change will be entirely unnoticeable other than in more consistent bounces on the ice.

edit: lol that imgur username

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Is this really the thing about the NHL you're mad about? Not the reffing? Or the Department of Player Safety? I imagine the change will be entirely unnoticeable other than in more consistent bounces on the ice.

edit: lol that imgur username

No I am not mad about it, just commenting on the fact we suddenly need a colour changing puck. The NHL has bigger priorities to fix like DPOS and consistent reffing. That’s why I think the NHL is a joke sometimes.

Reactions: McFuhryous

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
You see those guys in the penalty boxes? Half the time they look dead and probably just take the top puck, although who knows if they can see color.

The thing is there was an issue with pucks. On good ice such is the case with ours the pucks were bouncing all over, making it appear that we had horrible ice. Which hasn't been the case since the first year when they had issues with air flow in the arena.

I agree. Sometimes the pucks look like tennis balls. I have no idea why playing with a frozen puck is a problem the NHL has to invent new technology to fix. Keep pucks in a freezer. Keep the freezer cold. Change the pucks every TV time out. It isn’t hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad