Around the League 2018-19 v8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
The Canucks won today, putting us in a tie for 7th last in the league. Tank looking brighter....

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Russell and PJ for Risto?
Sure. Don't see why Buffalo values JP though. They've got their own projects.

Larsson doesn't make a lick of sense though unless your goal is to solidify Buffalo's defense. That guy is the kind of player every team covets. We lose the trade he's a part of.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I wouldnt want to play them in the playoffs again this year.

I could see Vegas coming out of the west again.

Plus they have several players that have been taking it relatively easy this season because they can leave some in the tank. There are so many players on that team you can get production out of and play the game the right way. Really enjoying the depth on that club.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Is this still based on the theory that a team who is built for the playoffs has to be heavy?

Why wouldn't it be. This conversation is had nearly every year. People spend all season saying the game has been transformed, its all speed skill now then the playoffs happen and heavy strong clubs lean on weaker clubs and win. Last year starting from the first round Vegas flexed their muscle. They outhit the LA Kings in what was a shock to everybody. So that a team that was more physical than the Kings ran over everybody in the west and went all the way to the SC.

Similarly in the East the Caps, a decent sized team with a very physical game under Trotz went all the way. All the opponents had no answer, and OV was bringing the strongest power forward game ever seen from him. Tom Wilson particularly was running wild last playoffs.

Physical play and intangibles is still a huge, excuse pun, part of playoff hockey when last seen. I wouldn't bet against it being a part this season. Given 7 game series teams are naturally inclined to make playoffs wars of attrition.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Definitely shaky at best. Talbot would have been a great fit for them, especially now with Fleury’s LBI.

Funny you mention that.

Kelly McCrimmon got eyeful of Edmonton Oilers in Vegas

In the "This n That" part of the article:

There is much angst in Vegas over Marc-Andre Fleury’s lower-body injury. They swear he’s only day-to-day and if it’s below the belt, it’s not another concussion. But, if he’s not completely healthy for the playoffs, they’re toast. Oilers did offer them Cam Talbot at the deadline, before he went to Philadelphia. They didn’t take them up on Keith Gretzky’s pitch …

Reactions: Supermassive

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Funny you mention that.

Kelly McCrimmon got eyeful of Edmonton Oilers in Vegas

In the "This n That" part of the article:

There is much angst in Vegas over Marc-Andre Fleury’s lower-body injury. They swear he’s only day-to-day and if it’s below the belt, it’s not another concussion. But, if he’s not completely healthy for the playoffs, they’re toast. Oilers did offer them Cam Talbot at the deadline, before he went to Philadelphia. They didn’t take them up on Keith Gretzky’s pitch …
That sucks.if they play Calgary

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
pqPxZy2.png

Reactions: Skar

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Who is Eric Francis? Apparently its better that I don't know.

Oh Flames, I never follow anything about that club.

Flames fans hate him just as much as anyone, guy is pure garbage. Of anyone who follows the flames Loubardias is probably the best. Kelly is not a very good colour guy, and a definitely a homer, But I find his insights on a hockey night panel to be solid. Steinberg on the fan 960 is also solid and quite unbiased I find.

Reactions: krovikan

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Flames fans hate him just as much as anyone, guy is pure garbage. Of anyone who follows the flames Loubardias is probably the best. Kelly is not a very good colour guy, and a definitely a homer, But I find his insights on a hockey night panel to be solid. Steinberg on the fan 960 is also solid and quite unbiased I find.
I enjoy listening to Warrener sometimes.

At least when the Flames aren't doing very good. ;)

...Haven't listened to him much lately.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not sure if anyone caught it, but Struds had an absolute gem of story telling yesterday about Marc Bergevin.

Really worth the listen. Essentially he was talking about how Bergevin was a locker room guy that did stupid things to motivate his team. From wrapping himself in complete toilet paper wearing lights and pretending to be a mummy, to hanging outside in disguise as a regular fan with a sign saying "see you in STL".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad