Around the League 2018-19 v8

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
At the risk of sounding like Don Cherry or Brian Burke, those Hurricanes celebrations are getting more and more lame.
Saw it was curling tonight. Thought that too. The surge was ok i I thought at first but now it's just college antics.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Leafs have allowed 23 goals in the last 4 games.

He should be bald and fat by the time they are eliminated 5 consecutive years in a row in the first round. After this year they will be halfway there. Should look like Lou Lamourello in no time.

Pretty sure the playoff format gets changed from all the Leaf whining that will be happening after this years exit.

Reactions: BlackDogg

North

Jun 25, 2009
Fans enjoy it and the players seem to enjoy it. I don’t see an issue.

Doesn’t mean they aren’t lame.

I thought initially it was kind of cool that they got their fans involved. Now you can tell they’re reaching for ideas.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I didn't realize just how good of a season Tampa was having. They have an outside show at breaking the all-time wins in a single season record. Granted it would need a pretty big asterix as there are no ties.

But pending a big collapse in the final 10 games they should shatter anything done post lockout when the shootout was introduced. The team they are almost assuredly going to pass is the 2005-06 Wings. Who had 58 wins and 124 points. No team since has matched either of those totals. That team being noteworthy in that we beat them in 6 in the playoffs that season.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Wild score their second PPG of the game on their sixth opportunity. Isles with one powerplay chance so far.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Southern team gets away with throwing a stick on penalty shot by EP- hmmmm. No goal.

The league is so f***ed.

Reactions: MikeYEG

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Pettersson gets stopped on a penalty shot because the Dallas goalie throws his stick and the refs just shake their head and refuse to review it when Travis Green points it out

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I didn't realize just how good of a season Tampa was having. They have an outside show at breaking the all-time wins in a single season record. Granted it would need a pretty big asterix as there are no ties.

But pending a big collapse in the final 10 games they should shatter anything done post lockout when the shootout was introduced. The team they are almost assuredly going to pass is the 2005-06 Wings. Who had 58 wins and 124 points. No team since has matched either of those totals. That team being noteworthy in that we beat them in 6 in the playoffs that season.

Tampa is winning the cup. Just give it to them now. It’s over. They are so effing good.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
He should be bald and fat by the time they are eliminated 5 consecutive years in a row in the first round. After this year they will be halfway there. Should look like Lou Lamourello in no time.

Pretty sure the playoff format gets changed from all the Leaf whining that will be happening after this years exit.

I ran Dubas' photo in some age progressing software I have and this is what it spit out.

chiarelli.png

Oil rise to the top

Jan 15, 2019
'berta
With NYI win over the Wild today, the Flames clinch a playoff spot...with 10 games remaining too

Meanwhile we're still trying to figure out what a playoff team would look like

:( Sad times to be an Oil fan

Reactions: Dan403

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
With NYI win over the Wild today, the Flames clinch a playoff spot...with 10 games remaining too

Meanwhile we're still trying to figure out what a playoff team would look like

:( Sad times to be an Oil fan

Flames have been ahead of us almost every year since Katz owned the team. 5 times they've been 2nd or 3rd in their division while we dance around at the bottom of the league.

I think we will survive :)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I still think Tampa is not built out as a playoff or Stanley Cup winner. They might not even make it out of the conference. Pens, Bruins, could stop them. Or maybe even another darkhorse. Has to always be remembered is that Tampa roster and style of play is built out more for regular season, than playoff success.

In the west these are clubs that could stop Tampa as well;

Vegas, SJ, Nash, Winnipeg.

it would be great news for Tampa though if Vegas and Sharks ended up playing each other in first round. That be terrible for the quality of the WC playoffs because the Flames won't be a too worthy playoff team. I hope for the WC playoffs that the 4 above teams advance to 2nd round.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad