Around the League 2018-19 v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Lindholm with some sweet chin music to a Buffalo player seconds before the tying goal. Pick one of cross-checking, high sticking or interference-how that was missed and not called is just baffling.

Start at about 2:42, look in far face-off circle at 2:43.

Reactions: TB12

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Murray is being a stubborn ass about not firing Carlyle.
If they are honestly going to go with Eakins they need to do it now. If Eakins hasn't learned from his Oiler days then at least they can cut ties at the end of the year. However, you bring Eakins in after the year and you are risking losing another season simply because you haven't learned from other people's mistakes.

I also think the way Eakins wants his guys in shape that he could be the guy that pushes Kesler so hard that he ends up on LTIR for the rest of his career.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
The coach ain't the real problem in Anaheim.

You think we have scoring problems? Imagine if McDavid/Draisaitl were in their mid-30s and average skaters at best to begin with. If it weren't for Gibson, that would be a lottery team.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Aberg traded away from Anaheim... Weird.

Looks like he went on a pretty bad ~7 game run of no points and racking up minuses. Maybe he figures he put enough effort in to get another contract from someone next year and he can slack off now.

Something is obviously wrong with that guys ability to motivate himself. He's definitely talented, but putting it to waste.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The coach ain't the real problem in Anaheim.

You think we have scoring problems? Imagine if McDavid/Draisaitl were in their mid-30s and average skaters at best to begin with. If it weren't for Gibson, that would be a lottery team.
The thing is they are suppose to have a real good defense to make up for those three old guys up front.

Rakell going from a 30g to a guy that might be lucky to hit 20 is a issue

Henrique is not who they should've gotten for Vantanen

Richie and Silfverberg not taking the next step is really hurting too

Some of this is on the GM, but is Carlyle adapting to what he has?

Looks like he went on a pretty bad ~7 game run of no points and racking up minuses. Maybe he figures he put enough effort in to get another contract from someone next year and he can slack off now.

Something is obviously wrong with that guys ability to motivate himself. He's definitely talented, but putting it to waste.
Heard similar things when we got him. "If he can get motivated and play all the time he'll be good"

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I loved the Aberg acquisition, thought it'd be the wakeup call he needed. Didn't work out of course and I cannot say I was sorry to see him go, and even though he did better in ANA he still does not seem to get it imo.

You can have as much talent as anyone, and Aberg has quite a bit of talent, but if you don't "want it" or if you don't keep working for it you won't last long. The thing with this kid though is that he may yet be able to get things together, but it looks to me as if he needs a major change in his mentality towards the game and towards his career.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Two minutes of 6-on-5 dominance by the Lightning, and yet they couldn't score the tying goal. The Kucherov-Hedman-Stamkos umbrella looked consistently deadly and the three other guys knew their job was to just battle to retrieve missed shots/rebounds.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Wild losing to the Ducks tonight is worse news than the other way around. If Ducks resurrect we know they can be a hot club. Getting some guys back from injury like Rakell and Fowler is of course helping as well.
The Wild are going to be hard to knock out of a spot. They will get dialed in. Its really up to either Colorado or Anaheim stumbling to give us a chance.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
The Wild losing to the Ducks tonight is worse news than the other way around. If Ducks resurrect we know they can be a hot club. Getting some guys back from injury like Rakell and Fowler is of course helping as well.
The Wild are going to be hard to knock out of a spot. They will get dialed in. Its really up to either Colorado or Anaheim stumbling to give us a chance.[ First of all we have a chance no matter what, it is up to us so we don't have to rely on anyone failing. Secondly you are just guessing which team will catch fire and you have no clue. I think we got all the best results today easily. But we should not have to rely on other teams results. If we look after the games we should of our own we will make the playoffs. If we crap the bed then we don't deservee to make. If we make it , i want it to be by us earning it and playing our best hockey of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad