Around the League 2018-19 v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Buffalo top in the league...wtf lol

A lot of sun shining on their rear ends I think, kinda like the 16-17 Oilers.

Doesn't hurt I suppose that Jeff Skinner is scoring at like a 62 goal pace or something, lol.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Buffalo top in the league...wtf lol

Not sure how thats suprising. Buffalo sucked but kept all of their talent and then added another talented forward in Skinner for cheap

aka they did the opposite of what Edmonton did the past 3 offseasons. Not surprised to see the teams go in opposite directions

Reactions: Aerrol

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Mentioned it in the Esks thread, but I read yesterday Flyers were selling tickets for as low as $6

I don't care where that ticket is that is embarrassing price. Their fans really have turned on them, but as the article mentioned the 76ers are now a good team. The Eagles are defending Super Bowl champions. So now the Flyers are in an uphill battle for people's spending money.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Mentioned it in the Esks thread, but I read yesterday Flyers were selling tickets for as low as $6

I don't care where that ticket is that is embarrassing price. Their fans really have turned on them, but as the article mentioned the 76ers are now a good team. The Eagles are defending Super Bowl champions. So now the Flyers are in an uphill battle for people's spending money.

Not embarrassing, just smart consumers spending money justifiably. Ill never get how Oilers tickets still go for anything over $30. Likely because in the winter time there is nothing to do. But the high ticket prices just allow ownership to continue doing what they are doing. Katz will listen only when his wallet gets thinner

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not embarrassing, just smart consumers spending money justifiably. Ill never get how Oilers tickets still go for anything over $30. Likely because in the winter time there is nothing to do. But the high ticket prices just allow ownership to continue doing what they are doing. Katz will listen only when his wallet gets thinner
Because a good chunk are bought by corporate companies. Then TNT tickets and other people by a shit ton of tickets and resell them. Yes they'll lose on some games, but there are other games that people pay far too much for that make up that difference.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

Philly fans have other sporting options and it's a competitive market

Oilers basically have a monopoly

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Buffalo Toronto could be 1-2 in the league by the end of the night, lol.

What a difference a few years makes.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Leafs are a fun team to watch. They give up lots of chances and generate a ton. Don’t see their style of play being successful in the playoffs but it’s fun to watch.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
WGASVMINGAASV%
------------
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Rittich so far tonight haha :P

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Three straight PP's for the Flames, and the Oilers get what happened in OT from the officials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad