Around the League 2018-19 v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Let's say that San Jose & Calgary have two spots locked up in the Pacific at this point (yes, it's early yadda yadda). LA will likely take last spot in the division (and the league?), Vancouver and Arizona will likely be fighting for second and third last spots.

That leaves Edmonton, Anaheim and Vegas in the mix for the third spot (both Wildcard likely going to Central). If Hitchcock can continue to get the most out of this roster (which is IMO is around as flawed / weak as Anaheim and Vegas - in different ways but still), they have a good chance of beating out those two for the third spot. It will be tight though and they simply have to keep winning, especially in the Pacific, and especially against those two teams in their remaining games.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Devils are legit awful.

Remind me a lot of the Oilers.

Small core of great forwards with trash around them.
Nonexistant D.
Shady goaltending.

Kincaid stopped doing backflips in net for them? Bummer.

Trade goalies last year with us and the records probably perfectly swap. But Hall probably is still given MVP over McDavid, just to stick it to Chia, hehe.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Nick Schmaltz to Arizona, Dylan Strome and Brendan Perlini to Chicago. Chayka didn't draft Strome or Perlini but that looks bad on the Coyotes organization trading two former high 1st round picks for another former 1st round pick who's struggling somewhat. The Coyotes really have trouble developing young players, which seems familiar to me for some reason.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Nick Schmaltz to Arizona, Dylan Strome and Brendan Perlini to Chicago. Chayka didn't draft Strome or Perlini but that looks bad on the Coyotes organization trading two former high 1st round picks for another former 1st round pick who's struggling somewhat. The Coyotes really have trouble developing young players, which seems familiar to me for some reason.

That is some crazy lack of patience with Strome by Chayka. Kid put up pretty good AHL numbers. 21 year old kid couldn't be a consistent top end performer within a complete disaster NHL lineup, oh no, better dump him.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Strome will probably do decent in Chicago playing 2C/3C but Schmaltz was scapegoated this year. Not sure who wins that trade in the long run. Definitely a Chayka move.

North

Jun 25, 2009
That is some crazy lack of patience with Strome by Chayka. Kid put up pretty good AHL numbers. 21 year old kid couldn't be a consistent top end performer within a complete disaster NHL lineup, oh no, better dump him.

Seems like he didn’t believe either player would be anything special.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
See with Playoff teams, if they have poor games they still come out with wins half the time. For us if we have good games we come out with wins half the time.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
There is no one at the Devils-Panthers game.

Yeah that looks like a failed experiment. 25 years to build a fanbase and this is the end result.
Ds9-tGXW0AAcS_R.jpg:large

Reactions: oobga and TB12

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Yeah that looks like a failed experiment. 25 years to build a fanbase and this is the end result.
Ds9-tGXW0AAcS_R.jpg:large

I bet 90% of the fans in the stands are Devils fans. I remember going to a Lightning game against the Devils while i was vacationing in Florida. Massive number of Devils fans attended the game since a bunch of people from New York/New Jersey vacation & live in Florida in the winter.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Just read that Holmgren is the interim GM and has narrowed down his search to four candidates... Clarke remains employed in upper management... Philly has their own version of the OBC.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Vegas and Anaheim look like they're finding their groove, Pacific may not be such a cake walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad