Around the League 2018-19 v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Jamie Mclennan just fired shots at the TO media and fan base on his radio spot on 1260. They were talking about Montreal being tied for Toronto for 1st in the Atlantic and he said "Everyone in Toronto thought the leafs were going to go 82-0" :laugh:.
Be more impressed if Noodles says that on Leafs Lunch and really stirred their fanbase up. Pretty low risk saying it on Edmonton radio.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Be more impressed if Noodles says that on Leafs Lunch and really stirred their fanbase up. Pretty low risk saying it on Edmonton radio.

True enough. He's no different than Fatso'neill though. Both fluff TML and their fanbase

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Jamie Mclennan just fired shots at the TO media and fan base on his radio spot on 1260. They were talking about Montreal being tied for Toronto for 1st in the Atlantic and he said "Everyone in Toronto thought the leafs were going to go 82-0" :laugh:.

The same guy who said last week the Hart was Matthews to lose?

The guy just panders to his audience. Nothing to see here.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It's amazing that JG yells, berates, and just whines at refs every single game. The commentators even mention it. He still gets a lot of calls.

McDavid shuts his mouth and has a hard time.

I'm starting to have a theory that pint sized players that go down when touched, and that don't require much or any threshold of force to go down are being granted a benefit of doubt related to their size and propensity to go down given all other players are bigger physical objects.

Similarly lots of criticism Lucic is getting penalties just for apparently being stronger. Theres been 2-3 entirely legit hits that he's got called for and against guys that are pretty easy to send flying.

pint sized players should not get disproportionate calls just because they are tiny and suffer the same thresholds of physical contact against them. The mere difference is their size does not withstand the same threshold of handling that other players would stand up to.

I'm afraid we're seeing the same error at work here with Yamamoto and in which case he should just be told to go down everytime, or maybe is.

Through enforcement the NHL appears to penalize strong, hard players while rewarding those that cannot survive contact and that do go down easy. Are the NHL officials correctly interpreting penalties or compensating for relative physics..

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
"Matthew Tkachuk has the ability to be every bit as creative as Sidney Crosby." - Eric Francis

Pretty sure they were reading posts off CP during that intermission segment.

Reactions: FanOfSadTeam

TB12

Apr 5, 2015

I was SO excited when I read the headline. Then I saw the video, much to my disappointment.

Was really hoping someone finally took a swing at that puke. Had my “that’s for Davidson” comment all queued up already, too.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Calgary is getting wreeeecccckkkkkkkkeeeedddddddd.

Polish that turd, Hrudey.

Last I saw it was 3-0. Just checked and it’s 9–1.

So if, according to Tkachuk, their effort was embarrassing against Montreal, then what’s today considered?

Reactions: Oilhawks

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Hold up, 9-1? Holy googly moogly the Flames got roasted. It's Gulutzan's fault I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad