Around the League 2018-19: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
It's bizarre that a team that's a hundred years old is treated like the baby sibling
It’s not surprising.
It serves a huge market not just Toronto but a big chunk of Ontario not to mention strong pockets of Leaf fans across the country.
It’s hard to take for sure*
but advertising follows marketing numbers.

*Matthews has a tummy ache
*Nylander coloured his hair.
Exaggerating but the constant coverage is THAT annoying

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Whoever is the colour guy for Sportsnet on this Montreal game is having an absurdly hard time determining whether a puck that clearly deflected off Jordie Benn into his own net actually hit him.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
oh, Sportsnet. u funny

leafs.jpg

Reactions: Cellee

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Or maybe Blake Wheeler carried him for years. Whatever the case, the Jets really dodged a bullet.

You couldn’t be more wrong. What athlete has ever fully recovered from a hernia operation? It wasn’t a coincidence his decline was immediately after the hernia. People need to open their eyes.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
You couldn’t be more wrong. What athlete has ever fully recovered from a hernia operation? It wasn’t a coincidence his decline was immediately after the hernia. People need to open their eyes.
Performance and Return to Sport After Sports Hernia Surgery in NFL Players
"Conclusion:

There was a high RTS [Return To Sport] rate after AP surgery without a significant difference in postoperative performance, though career length and games per season after AP surgery were significantly less than that of matched controls."

That study only looked at NFL players, but still, I think "You couldn't be more wrong" is a bit harsh. :sarcasm:

Also, did Bryan Little have some hernia surgery that we just never heard about or is his decline immediately after being separated from Wheeler just a coincidence?

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Performance and Return to Sport After Sports Hernia Surgery in NFL Players
"Conclusion:

There was a high RTS [Return To Sport] rate after AP surgery without a significant difference in postoperative performance, though career length and games per season after AP surgery were significantly less than that of matched controls."

That study only looked at NFL players, but still, I think "You couldn't be more wrong" is a bit harsh. :sarcasm:

Also, did Bryan Little have some hernia surgery that we just never heard about or is his decline immediately after being separated from Wheeler just a coincidence?

:laugh:

Probably had something to do with chained to Laine for two years. Now he’s with Lowry who’s offense has been nonexistent this year. If we want offense from Little, it ain’t gonna happen on Lowry’s wing. He was more effective playing center. I’d rather he be on Copp’s wing honestly.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Or maybe Blake Wheeler carried him for years. Whatever the case, the Jets really dodged a bullet.

Indeed -your so right Gmoney - I was so glad when the Jet's didn't resign him, although they tried, and offered him a lot of money. I'm glad he got more elsewhere. He was already on the slow side, and then has a "hernia", which tells me his insides are starting to weaken. A "dodged bullet " for sure. :phew: - A $ 36 million dollar bullet, that would have critically impacted the Jets.

Reactions: upperdeckjet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad