Around the League 2018-19: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
5 game losing streak for the Sharks, they picked a terrible time to stumble.

Handing the divion to Calgary who stumbled at a slightly better time. Their prize is going to be a date with Vegas. The good news is they will have probably got the losing streak out of their system by then and they may be due to heat up at the right time.

Reactions: Duke749

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I have a bad feeling that we're going to be playing the Avs in the first round. Grubauer could be this year's nemesis. Even if we win, that could be a long, nasty, dirty series that leaves the Jets battered and maybe broken for round 2.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I have a bad feeling that we're going to be playing the Avs in the first round. Grubauer could be this year's nemesis. Even if we win, that could be a long, nasty, dirty series that leaves the Jets battered and maybe broken for round 2.

Thats not set in stone yet. Right now we match up with Dallas. Wouldn't count out Arizona or Minny yet. The east is looking pretty locked up but the west WC spots are still very much up in the air and may come down to the final games.

There is a big Yotes vs. Avs game on the 29th, Wild vs Yotes game on the 31st. With two big wins by the Yotes there as well as keeping pace they very well could make the playoffs. No other combo of those 4 teams plays against each other so it could very well come down to some crushing games to determine the WC spots.

The Jets take on the Stars on the 25th, Wild on the 2nd of april, Avs on the 4th, then close out the season against the Yotes on the 6th. Those teams also have tough matchups against many hard to beat teams.

Western Wild Card will be a fun one to follow to close out the season.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
4 big games on the OOTSB

Yotes vs Isles
Habs vs. Canes
Avs vs. Hawks
Jackets vs. Nucks

A Yotes win and an Avs regulation loss mean the Dogs leap over the Avs for the 2nd WC spot in the west. If the Habs beat the Canes in any fashion and the Jackets lose today I think it pretty much kills any chance the Jackets make the playoffs. It's not completely cemented as the Jackets could go on a tear and the Habs and/or Canes could lose a bunch down the stretch but if you think of the law of averages I'd say the Jackets could potentially be eliminated, not officially, today.

Reactions: Maukkis

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
4 big games on the OOTSB

Yotes vs Isles
Habs vs. Canes
Avs vs. Hawks
Jackets vs. Nucks

A Yotes win and an Avs regulation loss mean the Dogs leap over the Avs for the 2nd WC spot in the west. If the Habs beat the Canes in any fashion and the Jackets lose today I think it pretty much kills any chance the Jackets make the playoffs. It's not completely cemented as the Jackets could go on a tear and the Habs and/or Canes could lose a bunch down the stretch but if you think of the law of averages I'd say the Jackets could potentially be eliminated, not officially, today.
It is practically the responsibility of any hockey fan to turn on the TV on March 28th, when we have the biggest game left for determining the playoff picture: Columbus-Montreal. A true four-point game, that one. With a win, the Habs would pretty much close it out and eliminate Columbus. The Jackets will, in all likelihood, be fighting for their damn lives.

Also, fire Kekäläinen.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
St. Louis gives me the heebee geebees a bit.
The Jets always seem to have fits with them.
However the rest I am with you.

Wha?

The Jets have been kicking their ass even when we were all looking at lottery odds instead of the standings.

Except for the last game, but that was coming off of a 5-goals-for-one-dude shit-kicking.

Also, fire Kekäläinen.

But his press conferences are so engaging...

;)

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Sad moral victory/silver lining article on SN to try and apply some salve to the Leafs fans wounds:

Leafs turn page on mini crisis with persistent effort against Rangers - Sportsnet.ca

Was also the main article this morning, I guess the Laffs getting a point against a basement dweller is more important than the second Canadian team clinching a playoff spot vs their division arch rivals.

We could win the Cup and the headlines would still be about Toronto somehow :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad