Around the League 2018-19 Offseason Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Maroon left money on the table to go to a possible cup contender and hometown AND to see his ****ing son. Imagine being away from your family 6-7 months out of the year. When you’ve made some money, you can afford a pay cut to be happy.

Maroon hasn't made THAT much money over his career. More relative to most of us that post on here, but not a lot where you would think he'd settle for a one-year deal on face value. Heck he took a paycut compared to the last three years making $2 million per, and those were the only seasons he was really above minimum salary.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Niedermayer played less than 400 games with the Ducks. Kariya just over 600.
Giguere played the same amount of seasons as Kariya and has a cup and a Smythe trophy while on the team. Getzlaf and Perry should both crack 1000 games with them. They all belong with the standards set.

To put it in perspective, The Devils have 14 players who played more games than Kariya with the team. This doesn't include Scott Gomez who has played the exact same amount at 606 games.
The Devils are also a much more successful franchise than Anaheim, and have 11 more seasons of time in the league than the Ducks do. So guys like Kariya and Niedermayer are the Ducks equivalent of Stevens and Niedermayer for us. Even though Stevens played about 350 more regular season games for us and Niedermayer played almost 900 games for us and will always be known more as a Devil than a Duck.

And while Kariya only played a little over 600 games with the Ducks, that was over 60% of his NHL career.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
i believe maroon and his wife are split. not sure if his kid is being taken care of by his family or his ex, but it's not as serious i guess

No, I mean she'd never let him take a penny less if it meant he could be happy. I'm sure she goes to his office and stands behind him and yells at him to work harder between manicures and shopping trips.

Reactions: Japam

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
joe whitney off to sweden~~~
CanineReasonableAntlion-max-1mb.gif

Gentlemen, I've stood around watching the Devils do nothing this offseason so far.

But this, this is the final straw.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I don’t want to be “that guy” but I remember parise getting a ton of flak for going home. Guess his wanting to go back to Edmonton comment at the trade didn’t mean much after all.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I don’t want to be “that guy” but I remember parise getting a ton of flak for going home. Guess his wanting to go back to Edmonton comment at the trade didn’t mean much after all.

Parise was a homegrown player and our captain at the time who had been here for 7 seasons. Maroon was here for about a month and a half. :laugh:

The animosity from fans towards Parise was a bit more understandable.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't recall Maroon saying how New Jersey was like home to him after years of playing here and that he was determined to stay, only for it to come out that he had been planning to go to Minnesota with Suter for months.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Oh hey guys... just wanted to let you know that our favorite Twitter Confidant has confirmed that Shero has been given permission to work put an extension for Pacioretty and we are giving them Speers and Severson. If we don't agree to an extension he goes to Florida for Trotchek.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Maroon was here briefly, not like Parise. Parise also allegedly told everyone he was staying before pulling the rug out from underneath the club.

Reactions: Bleedred

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Oh hey guys... just wanted to let you know that our favorite Twitter Confidant has confirmed that Shero has been given permission to work put an extension for Pacioretty and we are giving them Speers and Severson. If we don't agree to an extension he goes to Florida for Trotchek.

Hey if you just toss a bunch of stuff out there and play the odds your bound to be right at some point and can hang your hat on it. The Devils havent done anything. Shero is bound to make a move at some point. Keep including the Devils and youll hit once and then he can ride that high.

Reactions: Blender

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I like Pacioretty but he is a left shooting left wing that turns 30 in a few months and needs a new contract

not exactly ideal trade material

Reactions: Darkauron

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Why the hell would Montreal take Speers and Severson when they could get Trochek?

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Why would we give up Zajac, Zacha, Speers, and McLeod for Tyler Johnson, Bobby Ryan, and Cirelli?

Not to belabor the obvious, but you know someone is a fake insider, and one that is a Devils fan, when they claim to have inside information that Blake Speers is part of a trade for anything. If he’s ever going to part of a deal, at this point, it’s going to be like how nobody knew that it was JD Dudeck who was part of the Maroon trade, only that it was a “college prospect”until there was an official announcement. There are pretty much only a handful of people outside of Devils fans who know who Speers is.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Not to belabor the obvious, but you know someone is a fake insider, and one that is a Devils fan, when they claim to have inside information that Blake Speers is part of a trade for anything. If he’s ever going to part of a deal, at this point, it’s going to be like how nobody knew that it was JD Dudeck who was part of the Maroon trade, only that it was a “college prospect”until there was an official announcement. There are pretty much only a handful of people outside of Devils fans who know who Speers is.

Right? Speers hold very little value as far as being a trade chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad