Around The League 2018-19 Offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
so MTL, OTT, and CAR may possibly be the worst teams in the near future... maybe the rangers too hehe

Well Carolina and the Rangers should be the only dogs in our division, the Metro is really gonna be the haves and the have-nots with Boston-Tampa-Toronto-Florida way ahead of the other four dogmeat teams there.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Another wants out of Ottawa.

Who the hell wants him? He was awful last year. He looked worse than 2014 Marty whenever I saw him. The numbers sure seemed to suggest as much.

And due to his age, I'm not convinced this was just a bad season, I'm convinced he's cooked. He looked dreadful last year. He let in way too many soft goals. Only Scott Darling probably played as many games and let in more weak goals than he did, maybe Thomas Greiss also.

And re-signing him to a two year extension at age 36 (deal starts at age 37) before the last year on his current deal even began, was another DUMB business decision up in Ottawa. They live for this kind of poor decision making. Maybe if they had a good goalie there and not Mike Condon, it might have been understandable to give him two years to eventually slide into the backup position.

Ottawa might have the worst goalie tandem in the league. It's close between them and Carolina. I'm assuming Lou is gonna do something on the island with goalies, so I'm not gonna rank them bottom 3 unless they start the season with some junk tandem.

Craig is probably gonna have to stay in Ottawa, unless he wants to play for the AHL Sens or retire.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
don't forget that the corpse of cam ward might be on the move too

he actually did well last season - 23-14, 0.906
49811.jpg

Very strong season last year. Rawly would have made the playoffs if they started him more.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sorry DD, I had to do it. Been a while since I've done a BleeDD.

I really wanted to do one when Trotz was hired by the NYb earlier, but I was a little too late to the news to get to it in time.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
that's not wrong though, they needed 7 more points!
It's really sad when you're thinking that Cam Ward actually very well might have been the difference in your team making the playoffs and missing them in the year 2018.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Who the hell wants him? He was awful last year. He looked worse than 2014 Marty whenever I saw him. The numbers sure seemed to suggest as much.
If we picked him up we'd easily have the strongest representation for Hockey Fights Cancer.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought they fired Garth and he's no longer working for the organization? Just collecting checks until his contract expires or some other idiot hires him (very unlikely) to be their team's GM.

Though I did hear something else that implied that he was still going to work for them, because his contract is too long and expensive to not give him a role right now, just that it wouldn't be as the GM.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I thought they fired Garth and he's no longer working for the organization? Just collecting checks until his contract expires or some other idiot hires him (very unlikely) to be their team's GM.

Though I did hear something else that implied that he was still going to work for them, because his contract is too long and expensive to not give him a role right now, just that it wouldn't be as the GM.

You’ve been here long enough to know Lou. If you are under contract he is going to make you work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad