Around The League 2018-19 Offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I had no idea how bad those contracts are for Tampa. Johnson and Palat have full no trade clauses for the next 3 years. Killorn for the next two years. All of their high priced depth are untradable. The only guy they can reasonably move is Miller.

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
I still think Dallas has a leg up over Tampa with Karlsson just because they're out of the Senators division/conference entirely. It's significantly easier to stomach him tearing things up or creating a powerhouse team when you're not competing against them directly. I know Ottawa is unlikely to be competing with Tampa anytime soon regardless, but wherever he ends up he's going to be there for a long time, if they want to move on from the negativity surrounding their franchise from all these sagas as quickly as possible out-of-sight out-of-mind might be the better approach even if the return isn't as good.

Not to mention, I don't think Karlsson really cares outside of getting a juicy extension in a zero income tax state, if you add Karlsson to the Stars roster it's pretty damn competitive even if they underachieved a little recently.

Well to expedite this process we need a 2nd team to enter the equation then the Sens can play both Dallas and Tampa against one another. If that happens we can finally wrap this up.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
I had no idea how bad those contracts are for Tampa. Johnson and Palat have full no trade clauses for the next 3 years. Killorn for the next two years. All of their high priced depth are untradable. The only guy they can reasonably move is Miller.

And you can bet Kucherov wants contract protections as well. They’d like to win in the next 2 years.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I'll happily take Callahan, he only has two years left, but there is zero chance I want to give up anything important in a cap dump deal like some of the proposals on this board.
As long as it’s a significant prospect/player or multiple good picks I’ll be happy. That is one hideous contract, though it’s only through next year.

Reactions: Darkauron

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
And Miller JUST signed!

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I'll happily take Callahan, he only has two years left, but there is zero chance I want to give up anything important in a cap dump deal like some of the proposals on this board.
Exactly, we shouldn't be giving up anything even remotely important to our club. If we are taking him back it's him, picks, and a mid tier prospect unless the pick is a high one.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Exactly, we shouldn't be giving up anything even remotely important to our club. If we are taking him back it's him, picks, and a mid tier prospect unless the pick is a high one.

Yzerman has to be willing to go for it. He’s done a great job building a team but he’s at a crossroads. He can stand pat and try to keep drafting and hope he can surround Kuch and Stammer and Hedman with enough ELCs and win a cup that way or bring in EK and really push for the next two years. If the price for that includes sucking it up and giving away a high pick and maybe OTT throwing in a mid round pick he needs to decide whether he wants to win or keep perpetually building. Whatever he gives to move Callahan isn’t going to cripple the franchise. I’m sure he was disappointed that NYR would give him assets for the privilege of getting back Callahan and instead asked for a high pick and maybe a young player as well. Now he probably has to work on plan B and hopefully Shero is the beneficiary.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Wow, Tampa did not have anyone file for arbitration, so they do not have a second buyout window. What an enormous gaffe. I'm not sure Lou compelled Mark Fraser to file for arbitration in 2010 and 2011, but I feel confident he wasn't against it (and he was the only arb-eligible player both years he filed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese