Around The League 2018-19 IIl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Avs fans have really soured on Tyson Jost. Funny looking back as I believe he was the guy we wanted before we traded down for McLeod.

Looks like McLeod could become the better player at this point. Not sure it will happen but it sounds like he’s showing more promise than Jost even if Jost is in the show
Ya, Jost was perceived as the last of his tier. Actually, scratch that... Logan Brown was considered in that tier too. but he didn't fit the team philosophy.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ya, Jost was perceived as the last of his tier. Actually, scratch that... Logan Brown was considered in that tier too. but he didn't fit the team philosophy.

Well the last of the forwards in the tier. People thought the defenseman that went to Arizona was in that initial tier as well but he got passed over by a few teams (not just us) so evidently not.

Reactions: Nubmer6

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Avs fans have really soured on Tyson Jost. Funny looking back as I believe he was the guy we wanted before we traded down for McLeod.

Looks like McLeod could become the better player at this point. Not sure it will happen but it sounds like he’s showing more promise than Jost even if Jost is in the show
A lot of underwhelming performances from the top of that draft so far. Puljujarvi, Joulevi, Nylander, Jost, Brown, McLeod, Bean.

Reactions: My3Sons

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
A lot of underwhelming performances from the top of that draft so far. Puljujarvi, Joulevi, Nylander, Jost, Brown, McLeod, Bean.

Pulju is a bust

I remember a lot of people in the media and on HF's main boards were giving Cbj grief for passing on him at 3rd overall
I had said their Finnish scout must know something we don't
Cbj made a shrewd pick in Dubois

Reactions: Nubmer6

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
And he's still shooting 11.4% this year, which is quite a bit below his career percentage 15.1%, but still quite a bit higher than the league average.

I'm not saying this will be the new normal yet, but I think it will be at some point in the not too distant future. And he's just barely averaging 1.5 shots on goal per game, which will undoubtedly regress even more and get even worse as he gets into his 30's. I spent a lot of posts before he was traded away arguing why he's expendable and this year is our first look at it.

I didn't think it would come this soon and it might not be. This might just be a down season in goal scoring for him, but I'd have to think in another 3-4 years this will be the norm for him.

I always said ''If he shoots 10%-11% one year instead of 15%, we're talking a 12-14 goal a year scorer because he doesn't produce many shots on goal in the first place and never did. And he'll produce even less as he gets older and his shooting percentage will get worse. Most players shooting percentage regresses with age''.
We definitely got the better player in return

Reactions: Bleedred

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Tampa is ridiculous this year. They're on pace for like 128 points. They're 15 points up on the next closest team in the league. Their +73 goal differential is 31 goals more than the next closest team, Toronto.
Wow I didn’t realize that. I’m going to take them in the sports book right now at 4-1

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Why it’s hard to get excited about a sort of high draft pick. It’s all roses pre-draft but a lot of these kids don’t amount to much.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Pulju is a bust

I remember a lot of people in the media and on HF's main boards were giving Cbj grief for passing on him at 3rd overall
I had said their Finnish scout must know something we don't
Cbj made a shrewd pick in Dubois

I mean, obviously, right? That's usually the case when a team forgoes a universally-consensus pick? :laugh:

The shameless self-plugs are hilarious.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not even annoyed by this whole thing with the Canes yet.

I think a lot of the celebrations are kind of lame and stupid, but I also think it's even stupider to be outraged by them, to the point where its not even just annoying people, but making them so mad and calling it an embarrassment to the game.

Reactions: Patrik26

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
it’s a funny shirt, and couldn’t care less about the celebrations. if the players and fans of that team like it that’s basically all that matters

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

i think i'm turning and now kinda hate carolina. their tweeter is reminding me of vegas' social media guy last year

Vegas wasn't as insufferable as this. They didn't make shirts and crap lol

it was funny at first, but now it's just obnoxious

just you wait, you'll turn too
How the hell can any of you hate this shirt? I get why some of you don’t like the celebrations but this shirt is epic. Its a direct chirp at Don Cherry for calling them jerks. This is amazing. :laugh: Don is a walking Old Man Yells at Cloud meme.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah I agree with the above - I'm not a big fan of the over-the-top celebrations just because of the whole contrived, hokey nature of them but find the shirt hilarious, especially cause it's chirping Cherry. And I don't mind when social media gets a bit edgy too, just like when the Kings' social media sort of led the way in snark a few years back.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
all that these celebrations are doing are giving people something to complain about and thats what is driving conversation and clicks and talking points. if the canes like doing it and the fans like seeing it how is there any problem in it? personally i like them and think they are fun. don cherry hasn't been relevant in hockey since i was born. I dont know if they do but how do canadians trot him out there constantly to be talking about the sport? they really have no one better? they give him that big of a microphone and hes an idiot.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
How the hell can any of you hate this shirt? I get why some of you don’t like the celebrations but this shirt is epic. Its a direct chirp at Don Cherry for calling them jerks. This is amazing. :laugh: Don is a walking Old Man Yells at Cloud meme.

How does Don Cherry have a job or fan base? The old man is a complete joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad