Around The League 2018-19 IIl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
early morning cringe

Oof.

I mean, it’s not not a big deal that it’s dumb but I imagine even the players knew that wasn’t great.

At this point they probably gave marketing and equipment staff coming up with ideas. Tough to have more than a few good ones.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
We all laughed at the Isles when they lost Tavares knowing them and the Rangers would compete for the worst record in the NHL.

Lou landed Barry Trotz and they've gone from one of the worst defensive teams to the best. And look where they are and look where we are.

Let's not underestimate the GM's role in selecting the right coach. It can pay quick dividends

Not everyone.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
early morning cringe

I was coming to post about this. I think it’s great and creative. Who cares if it’s an nhl team doing it as opposed to a minor league team? It’s fun and the fans seem to dig it. Way better then just skating to center ice and putting the sticks in the air

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Not everyone.

I can’t find the original msg you replied to about Lou hiring Trotz and how amazing he is for it. Wonder why Lou ran through coaches left and right here then?

Again the isles success I don’t think people (esp on here) give enough credit to snow for putting the pieces in place. Those pieces probably enticed Trotz to come on top of Tavares maybe being there too. Gotta ask yourself would a coach like Trotz have considered the devils years ago?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can’t find the original msg you replied to about Lou hiring Trotz and how amazing he is for it. Wonder why Lou ran through coaches left and right here then?

Again the isles success I don’t think people (esp on here) give enough credit to snow for putting the pieces in place. Those pieces probably enticed Trotz to come on top of Tavares maybe being there too. Gotta ask yourself would a coach like Trotz have considered the devils years ago?
I was annoyed that Lou passed on him 2014 on here in favor of re-upping DeBoer.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Eh, I liked that one. The home plate mob was good.
It's actually one of the only ones I thought was a little creative.

They're all really corny and some are just very stupid, but there's been a few I thought weren't too bad.

I think they're corny and some of them are really stupid, but I'm not outraged by them like Brian Burke, the main board and now Don Cherry as of tonight. I do think some of them are really cringey, but I don't think they're so bad that they need to be taken out of the game, like many people seem to think.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
It's actually one of the only ones I thought was a little creative.

They're all really corny and some are just very stupid, but there's been a few I thought weren't too bad.

I think they're corny and some of them are really stupid, but I'm not outraged by them like Brian Burke, the main board and now Don Cherry as of tonight. I do think some of them are really cringey, but I don't think they're so bad that they need to be taken out of the game, like many people seem to think.

Wonder if the same people think touchdown celebrations in football should go too?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Gotta ask yourself would a coach like Trotz have considered the devils years ago?

Why wouldn't he have? Lou got Pat Burns here and Mike Babcock in Toronto. And yes Burns was fired from a couple of places but essentially so was Trotz. Both were still accomplished coaches that came to work for Lou the coach killer. Coaches want to go somewhere they can win and Lou will always attempt to win.

Besides Trotz and Lou are simpatico style-wise. Trotz's structured system fits in perfectly with Lou teams historically.

Last edited:

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Why wouldn't he have? Lou got Pat Burns here and Mike Babcock in Toronto. And yes Burns was fired from a couple of places but essentially so was Trotz. Both were still accomplished coaches that came to work for Lou the coach killer. Coaches want to go somewhere they can win and Lou will always attempt to win.

Besides Trotz and Lou are simpatico style-wise. Trotz's structured system fits in perfectly with Lou teams historically.
babcock was in toronto before lou

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Just looked at the point leaders.. Kucherov has 94 in 59 lol

Tampa is ridiculous this year. They're on pace for like 128 points. They're 15 points up on the next closest team in the league. Their +73 goal differential is 31 goals more than the next closest team, Toronto.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Adam Henrique: 58GP 10G

Oof
And he's still shooting 11.4% this year, which is quite a bit below his career percentage 15.1%, but still quite a bit higher than the league average.

I'm not saying this will be the new normal yet, but I think it will be at some point in the not too distant future. And he's just barely averaging 1.5 shots on goal per game, which will undoubtedly regress even more and get even worse as he gets into his 30's. I spent a lot of posts before he was traded away arguing why he's expendable and this year is our first look at it.

I didn't think it would come this soon and it might not be. This might just be a down season in goal scoring for him, but I'd have to think in another 3-4 years this will be the norm for him.

I always said ''If he shoots 10%-11% one year instead of 15%, we're talking a 12-14 goal a year scorer because he doesn't produce many shots on goal in the first place and never did. And he'll produce even less as he gets older and his shooting percentage will get worse. Most players shooting percentage regresses with age''.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Avs fans have really soured on Tyson Jost. Funny looking back as I believe he was the guy we wanted before we traded down for McLeod.

Looks like McLeod could become the better player at this point. Not sure it will happen but it sounds like he’s showing more promise than Jost even if Jost is in the show

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Avs fans have really soured on Tyson Jost. Funny looking back as I believe he was the guy we wanted before we traded down for McLeod.

Looks like McLeod could become the better player at this point. Not sure it will happen but it sounds like he’s showing more promise than Jost even if Jost is in the show
Haha yup, I remember everyone bugging out on here when we did not get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad