Around the League 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Checked the score. Take thatt NHL and Vegas. Clock officially struck midnight. Hats off to the league they tried their best to have their new team win. But was not to be.

Congrats to Ovie and the Caps. Long time coming for him.

Jets1975

Dec 9, 2011
Congrats to Ovi and the Caps for finally winning the Cup! On the flip side, soooooooo disappointing knowing we lost to the Knights after there performance in the final.

Reactions: TheFountainhead

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Checked the score. Take thatt NHL and Vegas. Clock officially struck midnight. Hats off to the league they tried their best to have their new team win. But was not to be.

Congrats to Ovie and the Caps. Long time coming for him.
Are you sure Trump, a pawn of Putin, didn't pull the strings and make the Caps, a team with a Russian superstar Captain, win the cup?

Jet beams can't melt steel fuel

Reactions: Flair Hay

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Happy for Ovi and Caps fans. Glad the Good Nights didn't get to hoist a cup. Hoping this is the most success they have in a long long time.
Rightly or Wrongly, I took a lot of pleasure in them not winning. And if it wasn't us I enjoyed a long suffering franchise with a decade of being called chokers hoisting the cup. A fan base who has earned their moment of celebration. And who can't like a guy like Ovie. Pure emotion.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Rightly or Wrongly, I took a lot of pleasure in them not winning. And if it wasn't us I enjoyed a long suffering franchise with a decade of being called chokers hoisting the cup. A fan base who has earned their moment of celebration. And who can't like a guy like Ovie. Pure emotion.

Yeah you gotta pay your dues in this league. Except for the Oilers and Pens. They just have a golden horseshoe up their ass.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Don’t think Vegas will have too much trouble attracting top FA’s!

Lots of draft picks, future looks bright!
True - they already had David Clarkson, after all... :sarcasm:

Oh and they pick once in the first 3 rounds this year (thanks to that brilliant Tatar deal).

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Glad it wasn’t ****ing Vegas

Me too, I got tired of hearing the announcer tiresomely comment how bad most off the Referees PowerPlay calls and missed Penalties where in nearly every series. If I where to compile a montage of questionable VGK calls(not even talking what I think is questionable in talking unbiased commentary) over the season I’m sure it would take hours to watch, anyways atleast Ovie won a Cup as a result of a team that could beat the consistent bad calls and Fluery’s wild circus saves.

Hope we stay on stride and fight to win that cup even harder next year...

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Very happy for the Caps and Ovechkin. They have been good enough for the longest time.

Also happy to see Vegas lose. No explanation needed.

Furious at Fleury not winning the Conn Smythe. Vegas faces a first round exit without him.

Reactions: TheFountainhead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad