Around the League - 2015/2016 Edition Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Finding an upgrade on Sbisa really shouldn't be hard to find...however, finding an upgrade on Sbisa according to Benning's odd set of standards should prove near impossible. :laugh:

I expect him to play out his contract here and even possibly be re-signed.
Everything points to Benning and co. being just fine with his play.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
I expect him to play out his contract here and even possibly be re-signed.
Everything points to Benning and co. being just fine with his play.

If you can find someone who watches game tape better than sbisa, be my guest!

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Brough must have a crystal ball or something, because hours after he wrote how interesting a free agent Milan Lucic will be, there’s news about Lucic’s contract situation.

Per ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, the Kings are interested in re-signing Lucic and want to begin contract talks in the not-too-distant future.

More, from TSN’s Insider Trading panel:

“[Lucic] loves being there, and the Kings recently reached out to Lucic’s camp and said ‘listen, let’s get something going in the new year. We want to keep this guy around.’

“Obviously, they’ve got to get [Anze] Kopitar done first, but they’d like to retain Lucic.â€
http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/12/10/report-kings-want-to-start-lucic-extension-talks-soon/

LCt24rm.png

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Maybe I wasn't wrong about preferring ristolainen over ekblad

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Ekblad doesn't PK, Ristolainen is on the #1 unit. Ekblad starts a ridiculous amount of time in the offensive zone while Ristolainen starts a ridiculous amount of time in his own end and the scoring is lopsided the other way anyway. Ristolainen hits more often, blocks more shots and has taken 0 penalties matched up with the oppositions best players for over 24 minutes a night every game.

I'd like to see what Ekblad's line would look like if he did Ristolainen's job. If Ristolainen got Ekblad's zone starts...Jesus Christ...he isn't even on his teams #1 PP most nights. To have his production with how he is used in comparison...

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Ekblad doesn't PK, Ristolainen is on the #1 unit. Ekblad starts a ridiculous amount of time in the offensive zone while Ristolainen starts a ridiculous amount of time in his own end and the scoring is lopsided the other way anyway. Ristolainen hits more often, blocks more shots and has taken 0 penalties matched up with the oppositions best players for over 24 minutes a night every game.

I'd like to see what Ekblad's line would look like if he did Ristolainen's job. If Ristolainen got Ekblad's zone starts...Jesus Christ...he isn't even on his teams #1 PP most nights. To have his production with how he is used in comparison...

Ekblad is 2 years younger than Ristolainen

There is a huge difference in terms of development. Ristolainen has 268 games playing against men (Liiga, AHL, NHL). Ekblad has 110 games.

You realize how hard it is for a 18 year old defenseman to jump in the NHL coming straight from the OHL? Ekblad is 2 points away from tieing Bobby Orr's rookie season as a 18 year old. That is absolutely insane.

J Canuck

Mar 19, 2013
the couch

If you compare Karlsson and Tanev, you could almost recycle that first paragraph.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad