Around the League - 2015/2016 Edition Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Where does he waive to go to, in your opinion? Is his NTC pretty fool proof?

It depends what his clause is. It could be that he names 5-10 grams he wants to go to, or he names 5-10 teams he does not want to go to, and many other variations.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
No they don't because they won't trade in division

Florida might be a good team to throw assets

Combination of Huberdeau, Howden, Kulikov, Gudbranson, picks...

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Btw blindside hasn't been a part of the rule book for some time. It really depends on if the hit was primarily head contact. Not sure it was as it's hard to tell at speed and from that angle, If it was shoulder to shoulder in open ice I fail to see suspension. A guy not looking should not be considered a vulnerable position. If primarily head contact the absolutely a bad hit.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
i love it that sweeney took senyshyn with bostons first.

the kid is barely a ppg and he was taken in the middle of the first round of a strong draft.

absolutely dumbest draft choice i have seen

Once again is the direct quote I originally responded to and personally I agree with Barzal, didn't know enough about Connor there frankly other than scouting reports.

Also Debrusk wasn't nearly the reach that Senyshyn was.

but this is a dead horse time to move on and revisit when any of these players show or don't show "real potential"

No one called Senyshyn the "worst draft choice". They called the reach of Debrusk + Senyshyn while Barzal and Connor were still on the board the worst show of drafting. And I agree, based on what is known at the time. Taking Jake at 6 is nowhere close. Like not at all.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
It depends what his clause is. It could be that he names 5-10 grams he wants to go to, or he names 5-10 teams he does not want to go to, and many other variations.

I thought only Hansen and Higgins had limited no-trades. In Edler's and Burrows' case, they can simply say no and if any give 1 or 2 teams like Kesler and Garrison did.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
It would have been hilarious if Weise had been traded to Columbus before Torts was hired. I'd legitimately feel bad pretty bad for him.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Once again is the direct quote I originally responded to and personally I agree with Barzal, didn't know enough about Connor there frankly other than scouting reports.

Also Debrusk wasn't nearly the reach that Senyshyn was.

but this is a dead horse time to move on and revisit when any of these players show or don't show "real potential"

Fair. I thought the discussion started with a commentary about the entire first round for Boston but I see you were responding to the Senyshyn piece specifically so my bad. Regardless, Senyshyn *is* a stretch at 14 but I suppose it's not fair to call it the worst pick until we know how he turns out. Agree to leave it for now.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
I can't possibly imagine Columbus would actually ship him out. I'd easily offer Horvat +1st for him though.

I'd keep Horvat myself, probably even if it was straight up.

That being said if the Avs are looking for a Dman in return then I think we would be out, just don't have enough defensive depth to do that deal.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
hey benning

trade for patrick wiercioch. thanks

Uhhh I would be wary unless we are getting him for cheap. He's an advanced stats darling but is basically just a really tall offense-focused dman that doesn't really put up a lot of points and he makes a lot of stupid mistakes. I'd gladly take him over Bart, Sbisa, Weber though.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
hey benning

trade for patrick wiercioch. thanks

He can't skate, he doesn't use his size very much, he's mediocre at best defensively. He's only really been good for a stretch of 20 games last season when all of players on the team were doing well. I wouldn't give up anything of value for him.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
He shouldn't cost much either tho. I'd be happy to give him a fresh start.

I don't know, it's rumored that Ottawa wants to move a d-man for a top 6 forward, and that Colin Greening (fairly large cap dump) would have to be going the other way as well. It's as if they don't realize that most of their available d-men have no value and that Greening holds a decent amount of negative value. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad