Around the League - 2015/2016 Edition Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Dougie Hamilton, where art thou?

If Benning has a do-over, does he trade Boeser++ for Dougie Hamilton right now?

Lots of Canuck fans were pretty livid he didn't outbid the Flames in that trade...

Guy has a lot of tools and offensive upside to be sure, but he sure doesn't look very smart in his own zone from what I've seen.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Honestly, Chicago got ****ed over. Technically, goals like that should not count. But at times they should just use common sense for **** like that. The puck was clearly going in no matter what.

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask

Lots of Canuck fans were pretty livid he didn't outbid the Flames in that trade...

Guy has a lot of tools and offensive upside to be sure, but he sure doesn't look very smart in his own zone from what I've seen.

I think benning and chia knew what Hamilton was worth. I also think they knew what he was like in the locker room.

Horrorshow

Jun 1, 2009

Not really. Most were just shocked at the value that Boston thought was acceptable. Even so, we didn't have the assets. If we had outbid Calgary, our package would have been so above market price it wouldn't have been worth it.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010

a lot of canucks fans were mad that they are doing things that are bad instead of things that are good, not that they specifically wanted to outbid calgary in that one trade

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Hire good refs regardless if they are male or female.

There are enough ****** refs like Peel in the league. Don't need more just because they jump the gun and hire someone less qualified just on the basis that they are female.

If the girl is qualified go right ahead hire them. I just want good refs.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Toews is good at 3 on 3, two way center, can skate, good shot, win face offs. Throw him out with keith when he is healthy and that will be very tough to beat.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Anaheim, in the past two seasons (164 games), was only shut out 5 times. In 8 games this season, the Ducks have been shut out 5 times. I feel bad for all of them except Kesler.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
a lot of canucks fans were mad that they are doing things that are bad instead of things that are good, not that they specifically wanted to outbid calgary in that one trade

I'm talking about the anger and disappointment over them not specifically wanting to outbid Calgary in that one trade.

Hamilton is the 'type' of player the Canucks could really use going forward. Whether or not he's the specific player that would have been worth dealing Boeser++ for is another question.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
The Florida Panthers absolutely turfed our chances of winning a cup by dealing us a couple big ticket, dead wood players in Booth and Ballard.

Here's hoping Kesler and Bieksa sink the Ducks in a similar fashion. :laugh:

Obviously Kesler is a much better player than the others, but I can't say I would be in a hurry to pick that guy up off waivers right now...

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
3rd Ducks game I've watched. Two observations:

1) Kesler looks like complete and utter crap offensively; decent defensively but offensively not getting it done. Looks like ol Stone Hands Kesler with no play-making ability. Cannot believe they re-upped him for near 7 mil to be a 3rd line checker. That contract is going to get even more ugly as the years go by. :popcorn:

2) Getzlaf is on the decline (possibly due to that hernia?). Shocking to see how slow and weak he is for a person his size. Perry has always been the guy on the Ducks, and it's no surprise to see Getzlaf struggling so badly.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Ducks are ****ed for best part of a decade (2022) if Gertz, Perry and k Kesler can't get it together. I hope for the ducks sales this is just a slump, these guys were good last year.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Kane reportedly demanded a trade every offseason from the day he arrived in Winnipeg to this season.

If you knew him at all growing up, this is nothing new.

He made a valid point though of his treatment in Winnipeg.

He's considered a bigger villain for that money Photo vs guys like Pavelec actually charged with a DUI.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
The Florida Panthers absolutely turfed our chances of winning a cup by dealing us a couple big ticket, dead wood players in Booth and Ballard.

Here's hoping Kesler and Bieksa sink the Ducks in a similar fashion. :laugh:

Obviously Kesler is a much better player than the others, but I can't say I would be in a hurry to pick that guy up off waivers right now...

They were dead wood if you use hindsight, sure. And saying that Kesler is a bad player now is completely baseless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad