Around the League 2015/16 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Lol...I like how these two trades happen literally the day after Benning was on Team 1040 and essentially said he's never seen it this slow in the trade market before. GG.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
This is a fantastic trade for Nashville at the moment. I'm a big fan of Jones, but Columbus should get more for someone who has established himself as a 1C.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Pretty fair deal talent-wise, but the Preds better have some assurance Johansen wants to be there long-term. He can walk in two years if he chooses, whereas they had Jones for at least four more.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Risky move by the Preds.

Not only for the reason pitseleh mentioned, but Jones is quite talented.

I guess the Jackets are probably hoping to get Matthews this year.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
This is a fantastic trade for Nashville at the moment. I'm a big fan of Jones, but Columbus should get more for someone who has established himself as a 1C.

1D for 1C, fair deal. Murray and Jones is going to be a great anchor for their blueline.
They are tanking pretty hard so there is a chance they will get Matthews (damnit) so they might solve that 1C thing really fast.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
1D for 1C, fair deal. Murray and Jones is going to be a great anchor for their blueline.
They are tanking pretty hard so there is a chance they will get Matthews (damnit) so they might solve that 1C thing really fast.
Jones will lose all his offensive talents by blocking 10 shots per night. #Torts

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
leave it to jim benning to talk about how there's no trades immediately before a bunch of trades. can this guy get one ****ing thing right? he could come out and say the sky's blue and condemn vancouver to a century of darkness

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I think this trade could open up another possible landing spot for Hamhuis. Nashville still has a great defense but wouldn't hurt to add a solid vet they are familiar with.

Pretty confident that Hamhuis ends up with one of the following teams

Montreal
Washington
Chicago
Dallas
Nashville

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Johansen
Fisher
Riebero
Forsberg
Neal
Weber
Josi
Ellias
Ekholm
Rinne
And some really underrated wingers.
Nashville might just become my favourite win the cup this year.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
nashville was looking for a #1C for like ages. Personally, I think Johansen struggles. Let's see

Imo Nashville should have targeted the Nuge.

Seth Jones has a lot of potential. Imo he has a chance to be the better player in this deal, but I think CLB should have got Jones +.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
nashville was looking for a #1C for like ages. Personally, I think Johansen struggles. Let's see

Imo Nashville should have targeted the Nuge.

Seth Jones has a lot of potential. Imo he has a chance to be the better player in this deal, but I think CLB should have got Jones +.
Jones is good, but he needs top pairing minutes and won't get it in Nashville cause they already two of the top 5 defenseman in the league(Weber and Josi) IMO

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Johansen
Fisher
Riebero
Forsberg
Neal
Weber
Josi
Ellias
Ekholm
Rinne
And some really underrated wingers.
Nashville might just become my favourite win the cup this year.

not sure you can be a favorite when you have to go through two of Chicago, St.Louis, Dallas, Minnesota..... plus LA/ANA if you make it to the conference finals.

I think LA and Washington are the two favorites right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad