Around the League 2015/16 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
nashville was looking for a #1C for like ages. Personally, I think Johansen struggles. Let's see

Imo Nashville should have targeted the Nuge.

Seth Jones has a lot of potential. Imo he has a chance to be the better player in this deal, but I think CLB should have got Jones +.

15 point gap in career high plus size advantage? I disagree. Also they already have a fairly slight top 6 C in Ribeiro.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
Great deal for both sides. Columbus moves on from Johansen, which seemed to be a problem and gets a number 1 dman in Seth Jones. Nashville gets Johansen who is a stud. Nashville made a mistake if he doesn't resign though... I am hoping they made a mistake.

Getting Johansen in Vancouver would probably solidify our "retooling". We all know it won't happen though. When has a BC born player came to Vancouver that was of high caliber... Willie Mitchell?

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
lol why should the preds have targetted rnh

they get a similarly skilled and more productive player without compromising size in a tough division

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Heh, I've been suggesting that this would be a good swap for a while now. Really like it for both teams. I think Seth Jones is going to shine with a larger role.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Just went to the Oilers board, man that place is like the board of optimism. Some even think that Jones won't help them get better now so there's no point to trade for him.......
Jesus, if Jone can't help them, who can? Duncan Keith? Mark Fayne?

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Trades ahoy. I'm not surprised the Canucks are asleep somewhere worrying about whether to play Linden Vey or Alex Grenier in this pivotal January game against Carolina.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Just went to the Oilers board, man that place is like the board of optimism. Some even think that Jones won't help them get better now so there's no point to trade for him.......

Jesus

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012

a true #1 dman will help them now

like the ones that are always on the trade market

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Heh, I've been suggesting that this would be a good swap for a while now. Really like it for both teams. I think Seth Jones is going to shine with a larger role.

Agree, but Nashville is too stack on the back end. Like even Jones reaches his full potential, he probly will still be #2 behind Josi in Nashville.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
If not this year then next year if they resign RyJo. Damn they look good

Not Sold on Rinne....never thought i'd say that 5 years ago but he's had 3 sub par years in his past 4 and doesn't have a great playoff track record. Miller and Rinne have the same sv %....one team has Matt Bartkowski playing significant minutes and the other has the best D core in the league.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Not Sold on Rinne....never thought i'd say that 5 years ago but he's had 3 sub par years in his past 4 and doesn't have a great playoff track record. Miller and Rinne have the same sv %....one team has Matt Bartkowski playing significant minutes and the other has the best D core in the league.
He was a Veziba nominee last season despite missing a long term of time...

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Edmonton miss another opportunity ,lmao

It could be that Nashville simply liked RJ more than RNH, in which case there's not much they can do because throwing a few extra small assets aren't going to make a difference in a 1-1 swap of this caliber. But if they did have the option, then yes new management but this would still be in typical Edmonton fashion. One of these teams they really just need to bit the bullet and give up what the other team is asking to fill a team weakness (D, G) from their position of strength (F).

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
What? There's no chance for us to grab any of those players cause we don't have enough assets. What did you expect

I was referring to the post where Benning was on the air saying this was the slowest time he's ever seen for trades... as mentioned, low and behold, 2 trades.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
It could be that Nashville simply liked RJ more than RNH, in which case there's not much they can do because throwing a few extra small assets aren't going to make a difference in a 1-1 swap of this caliber. But if they did have the option, then yes new management but this would still be in typical Edmonton fashion. One of these teams they really just need to bit the bullet and give up what the other team is asking to fill a team weakness (D, G) from their position of strength (F).
If I'm Chiarellie, I'll do Nuge + Eberle for Jones and a B prospect + cap dump.
Who cares if they overpay? They need D badly.....or maybe not cause they will draft Chychrun.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007

Not sold on Rinne, but what about 30+ minutes a night Weber and Rinne?

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Benning, you better wake up and sell off some of our dead weight soon with moves sparking things.

Higgins, Prust, Vrbata, Bartkowki/Weber

Get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad