Around the League - 2014-15 V. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
it's kind of funny how people complain how we traded someone to get a pick... then complain that we didn't trade people who were helping us win [at the time] to make the playoffs. then it would be more gah, that we signed people here that was part of the meltdown (willingly)

eeesh

Yep, the cycle of whining lol

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Y2ybzu9.gif

:biglaugh:

I can poke check better than that :biglaugh:

TheThrill81*

Toffoli and Pearson off to a good start with the Kings, and both "good 'ol Ontario boys".

Dat stickhandling doe

TheThrill81*

I had to do a double take because I couldn't believe he missed the puck :laugh:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Watched parts of the EDM game last night, brutal team. A good example of a team collecting talented types but not team building. Not sure what they are going to do with that team.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Watched parts of the EDM game last night, brutal team. A good example of a team collecting talented types but not team building. Not sure what they are going to do with that team.

i, personally, would consider a trade with them. and people can lololol but i would say, it would give us your 1st, and we'll give you defense help. And Clarkson. (plus a nice cookie, of your choosing).

sooner or later they're going to have to do something.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada

Probably what other tanking teams have done. Finally realize it doesn't work, trade a high pick for a piece that actually helps them and start to build properly.

TheThrill81*

Anyone think this will be RNH's breakout year? Providing he doesn't miss too much time with his current day-to-day injury.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Oh look, Seguin's doing his whole superhuman one game, gone the next game act. How no one questions his ridiculous consistency issues is absolutely beyond me. The guy is the most Jekel and Hyde forward in the league...

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I doubt it. He's a bandaid boy through and through. His breakout season will be the one he's lucky enough to play fully healthy.

Yep .. I think that Edmonton screwed up but letting him play in the NHL so young, he may have the skill and ability but physically he wasn't strong enough to handle the physical demands of an NHL season .. And it's resulted in him having injury problems

Had they given him a year or two to get a bit stronger he may not have had as much of an injury problem

I think Edmonton should look to try and trade him, as I think he will be one of those players who are tough to depend on since he has trouble staying healthy .. Particularly if they continue to struggle this season - they have Draisaitl as a promising big centre down the middle and they could have a shot at another touted centre in the draft

Trade RNH as a package deal for a legitimate top tier d-man and that would go a ways to help their team going foward

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Say what you want about Rogers, its pretty awesome to have games pretty much every night broadcast nationally without the cost of Centre Ice/Game Centre

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I thought there were no more regional blackouts? I'm checking on my rogers box and it says for tonight's Edmonton game " Blackout in effect" Hmmm

No, there are still regional blackouts. Just not as many as before. IIRC around half of the total NHL games played this season will be nationally broadcast. That significantly higher then before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad