Around the League - 2014-15 V. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I voiced my great displeasure with the Colb trade as soon as it happened.

This could get real real ugly.

6.5 ft ,215lb, 24 year old C

and we traded him away because Ashton :)laugh:) edged him out last training camp, oh but it gets even better, ashton was waiver exempt and then DN had to rush out and trade for a C because (and get this it's priceless) he did not have enough C depth in the AHL to handle injuries.

AHHH BUT the story gets even moooore fun, the guy that got the hatty was a 1 yr reclamation project in Raymond, a guy ( and get this hilarious) was one of the guys the took a roster spot from Colb, only then to have a solid reclamation season and then go unsigned by the leafs?

What's the point of a reclamation project working out, just to let em walk after 1 EFFN YEAR?:rant::shakehead:amazed::help:

Oh wait I know, my bad sorry folks (when confusion sets in, default to ownerships number 1 priority "just make the POs)! Bloody pathetic way to runan org.

THis organization and fan base has zero patience...its killed us for years.
We deal colborne to give his spot to Ashton, who ends up playing 4 minutes a night on the 4th line and ends up on the Marlies anyway. Terrible asset management.

Raymond should have been delt at the trade deadline last year along with Kulemin.
Chance to recoup some picks, even if it was 4th-6th rounders.

And then, we have evened mentioned the Bolland fiasco yet ……..

Last edited:

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Grabovski with a goal and assist in 30 seconds. Tavares another goal and assist. Boychuk another goal. Brock Nelson another goal.

They're looking like a very good team at the moment.

Conan

Sep 13, 2009
Did anyone see the NYR/NYI game? Kostco cost rangers the game with 2 very bad turn off overs lol

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I want them to do well so badly :(

I want them to do well enough to not get McDavid or Eichel.

On a side note, is their anyone who still thinks they should have taken Yakupov instead of Murry?

Heck, was their anyone who thought they should have taken Yakupov instead of Murray at the time? Murray would help that blueline substantially.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Seguin alone, has more goals this season than the entire Bruins team so far. Looks like Boston could use a bit more offensive in their lineup.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

and we traded him away because Ashton :)laugh:) edged him out last training camp, oh but it gets even better, ashton was waiver exempt and then DN had to rush out and trade for a C because (and get this it's priceless) he did not have enough C depth in the AHL to handle injuries.

AHHH BUT the story gets even moooore fun, the guy that got the hatty was a 1 yr reclamation project in Raymond, a guy ( and get this hilarious) was one of the guys the took a roster spot from Colb, only then to have a solid reclamation season and then go unsigned by the leafs?

What's the point of a reclamation project working out, just to let em walk after 1 EFFN YEAR?:rant::shakehead:amazed::help:

Oh wait I know, my bad sorry folks (when confusion sets in, default to ownerships number 1 priority "just make the POs)! Bloody pathetic way to runan org.

Every team makes bad trades, not just the Leafs. And its not like we didnt steal a first line winger from Philly or anything.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto

On a side note, is their anyone who still thinks they should have taken Yakupov instead of Murry?

Heck, was their anyone who thought they should have taken Yakupov instead of Murray at the time? Murray would help that blueline substantially.

I don't even know what it would take to make this oilers team good. Some defense would be nice, but man they just look hopeless.

mikebel111*

Oilers just underperform. Not all Eakins fault but clear as day that they dont want to play for him

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Push comes to shove, I'd take Edmonton's core over the Leafs' core. But there is something fundamentally wrong there, with no reprieve in sight it seems.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
seriously, if I were Nonis.

I would say I give you

X-Y-Z (defense that can kinda help now)
for _____ + Pick.

because they are in trouble.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I want them to do well so badly :(

I think Yak has a tremendous amount of talent, and is being incredibly mismanaged by the Oilers staff. Jury's still out on how the two will fair over their careers.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Oilers should be banned from drafting top 5 for the next 10 years.
They really need to change the lottery. Not just because I'm a Leaf fan but is it fair for us to have Bozak as our no. 1 center while the same useless teams get to keep adding the high end centers. Give us just 1 of RNH,Draisaitl,MacKinnon,Duchene,Johanson,Barkov,etc. etc.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada

and we traded him away because Ashton () edged him out last training camp, oh but it gets even better, ashton was waiver exempt and then DN had to rush out and trade for a C because (and get this it's priceless) he did not have enough C depth in the AHL to handle injuries.

What's the point of a reclamation project working out, just to let em walk after 1 EFFN YEAR?

This is kind of revisionist. Colborne was not making the Leafs team last year. He didn't have a good camp. He makes this team and you go and cry about how he shouldn't have been gifted a spot.

And because he didn't make the team he was bound for the minors. Yet he was eligible to skip waivers and he was going to get claimed if he did go through. So the Leafs traded him to get something for him rather than lose him for nothing.

Calgary took a chance on him. They could give him the time to play and not have to worry about him mistakes. Toronto couldn't. Different team situations.

You're honestly just looking for things to get angry about. It's pretty bloody pathetic honestly.

And Raymond was never going to sign here anyways. He wanted to go to Calgary before he signed with us but something stopped that. He took our offer afterwards and then when he got the chance he signed with Calgary. It's his hometown.

THis organization and fan base has zero patience...its killed us for years.
We deal colborne to give his spot to Ashton, who ends up playing 4 minutes a night on the 4th line and ends up on the Marlies anyway. Terrible asset management.

Raymond should have been delt at the trade deadline last year along with Kulemin.
Chance to recoup some picks, even if it was 4th-6th rounders.

This is even worse revisionist history. Colborne was already explained above, go read that.

But Raymond and Kulemin not being traded? On Deadline Day, the Leafs were in the playoffs. They were in the first wildcard spot with 72 points. 1 point behind Tampa, and two behind Montreal (who was in teh 2nd spot in the division). They had a streak of only one loss.

Trading them made little sense. What does a 3rd, 4th, 5th rounder do for the team? Not really all that much when the other choice is a potential playoff berth which would give valuable experience to a young team largely devoid of playoff experience. All you naysayers can say otherwise but that value is FARRRR more than any late round pick would be. And I bet 28 out 30 GM's would agree, if not all of them.

History suggest they wouldn't make the playoffs but they didn't have that luxury of knowing that.

Seriously, you guys will whine about anything. It's getting pretty pathetic.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Booo!!! I COULD HAVE HAD A QUICK SHUTOUT !
Did Purcell score?

(check)
Stupid Edmonton :p:

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
This is kind of revisionist. Colborne was not making the Leafs team last year. He didn't have a good camp. He makes this team and you go and cry about how he shouldn't have been gifted a spot.

And because he didn't make the team he was bound for the minors. Yet he was eligible to skip waivers and he was going to get claimed if he did go through. So the Leafs traded him to get something for him rather than lose him for nothing.

Calgary took a chance on him. They could give him the time to play and not have to worry about him mistakes. Toronto couldn't. Different team situations.

You're honestly just looking for things to get angry about. It's pretty bloody pathetic honestly.

And Raymond was never going to sign here anyways. He wanted to go to Calgary before he signed with us but something stopped that. He took our offer afterwards and then when he got the chance he signed with Calgary. It's his hometown.

This is even worse revisionist history. Colborne was already explained above, go read that.

But Raymond and Kulemin not being traded? On Deadline Day, the Leafs were in the playoffs. They were in the first wildcard spot with 72 points. 1 point behind Tampa, and two behind Montreal (who was in teh 2nd spot in the division). They had a streak of only one loss.

Trading them made little sense. What does a 3rd, 4th, 5th rounder do for the team? Not really all that much when the other choice is a potential playoff berth which would give valuable experience to a young team largely devoid of playoff experience. All you naysayers can say otherwise but that value is FARRRR more than any late round pick would be. And I bet 28 out 30 GM's would agree, if not all of them.

History suggest they wouldn't make the playoffs but they didn't have that luxury of knowing that.

Seriously, you guys will whine about anything. It's getting pretty pathetic.

it's kind of funny how people complain how we traded someone to get a pick... then complain that we didn't trade people who were helping us win [at the time] to make the playoffs. then it would be more gah, that we signed people here that was part of the meltdown (willingly)

eeesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig