Around the League 20-21 Thread: Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I'm happy for Shea Weber. He's one of the only reasons I'm rooting for Montreal.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

anigif_sub-buzz-2738-1556569253-2.gif

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
That wasn't the only called missed, but the most blatant. There was a straight up, old school Matt Greene interference call that was ignored with about a minute to go. I'm talking stepping out of your lane, cleaning a guy out as he chases the puck that is 10 feet away from him type thing . It's the type of penalty that the voice over guy ends most instruction videos with "this is interference" ,

No it wasn't. And it was pretty obvious they missed calls on Vegas all game, esp in OT.
But that is not unusual for Vegas games. This is the supposed to be the most critical games of the season and the officiating is crap. Totally embarrassing.

Reactions: kingsfan28

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
That missed call fired them up. They dominated OT.

How much do you think Bettman and Daly were rooting for Montreal after that missed call? That would have been Gretzky/Gilmour on steroids in the social media era. That would have been a playoffs defining missed call had Vegas won that game, instead it just becomes an embarrassing footnote.

Happy for Luke Richardson, was really awesome to see him pay tribute to his daughter after the win last night. I watched the game with my daughter trying to introduce her to the game and could only imagine what that poor man went through.

He still does look like Chewbacca if he joined the dollar shave club.

luke-richardson-3-e1337799008293.jpg

Reactions: The Butcher

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
How much do you think Bettman and Daly were rooting for Montreal after that missed call? That would have been Gretzky/Gilmour on steroids in the social media era. That would have been a playoffs defining missed call had Vegas won that game, instead it just becomes an embarrassing footnote.

Happy for Luke Richardson, was really awesome to see him pay tribute to his daughter after the win last night. I watched the game with my daughter trying to introduce her to the game and could only imagine what that poor man went through.

He still does look like Chewbacca if he joined the dollar shave club.

luke-richardson-3-e1337799008293.jpg

Me too. Was one of my favorite Flyers, just a simple, stay at home blue collor D who you could count on and well liked in the room. Hoping he continues to find success as a coach in the NHL
Hard to believe it's over 10 years since he lost his daughter. Can't imagine that kind of devastation.

Last edited:

DoktorJeep

Winners of the Offseason
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I thought Deboer should have pulled Fluery at the start of the second period game two. That turnover by him on the tying goal last night was more evidence of a 37 year old guy not having enough to give late in the year. If you’re going to give Lehner a game, it has to be game 4. You can’t make that move if you’re facing elimination.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I thought Deboer should have pulled Fluery at the start of the second period game two. That turnover by him on the tying goal last night was more evidence of a 37 year old guy not having enough to give late in the year. If you’re going to give Lehner a game, it has to be game 4. You can’t make that move if you’re facing elimination.
I dunno. The age thing seems like a convenient excuse. Short season in general and he barely faced any shots last night. He just f***ed up badly playing the puck. Never go full Jonathan Quick…

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

Horrible clueless hockey writer and overall terrible clown of a person Mark Lazerus shows us with one tweet why the official NHL awards should all be voted on by players, coaches or management personnel.

Yup, Mitch Marner is a better defensive forward than Patrice Bergeron and Anze Kopitar, sounds about right.

The Athletic should be embarrassed (for a ton of reasons) that they employ this guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reclamation Project

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I was stunned when I saw Mitch Marner got more votes for the Selke than Kopi. No one can convince me otherwise that Marner was/is better defensively than Kopi

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

Slavin has 2 PIM's in 52 games (and I think that lone penalty came near the end of the year) that's incredibly disciplined.

IMO, one of the best d's in the league

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Man that Isles crowd has me PUMPED

Cooper just flailing to buy time to drain some energy out of the building with that bunk challenge

TBL coming unglued at the end, just taking free shots. I put the over/under at 10 minutes of the third before they start 'sending message's.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

Slavin has 2 PIM's in 52 games (and I think that lone penalty came near the end of the year) that's incredibly disciplined.

IMO, one of the best d's in the league

Not only one of the best defensive players in the league but one of the really good guys in the league. When he was playing junior in Chicago I had season tix to the Steel, everyone couldn't say enough good things about him, just one of those guys that seems to be universally liked, similar to Dustin Brown. Really happy to see the success he has had.

Also, more proof that you don't need to smash someones skull in or send messages to be a star level defensive player in the NHL. You would have thought the best defenseman since Bobby Orr dominating for 20 years would have proven that to a lot of hockey fans, but unfortunately not. Sadly many hockey fans will think less of Slavin for winning this award like they do whoever wins it each year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Brayden Point is an absolute machine, goals in 7 straight

Gonna be a hell of a finish to this game either way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events