Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Leafs nation this morning...

tenor.gif

DoktorJeep

Winners of the Offseason
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Bad mix up front there on the Leafs. The young guys are the main point producers and they looked shook last night in that game. Josh Anderson ran them out of the building and to answer, the Leafs physical players are all old guys like Foligno and Simmonds.

If you play those old guys, they get exposed defensively with more minutes. They’re just not built overall to handle the first round of the playoffs. Same as last season when they had Clifford and couldn’t handle Columbus. It’s Montreal, so they have plenty of games to turn this around. But last night, they looked the worst of all the division winners in the opening game by far.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I see no way AEG allows DD to be traded away -- they will want some "names" on the Kings to sell some tickets during the rebuild. But for the fun of it: with the Kings large amount of cap space and not much salary commitments coming the next couple years, couldn't the Kings retain salary on a DD trade -- thus enabling a DD to the Leafs (or whomever) cap wise? Which would also get us more assets back too.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Tavares was pretty obviously concussed. My worry was whether or not he got a neck injury, but he appears to be okay. He'll be back in this series, I think.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I know I'm Captain Caveman on here but I have zero issue with the Foligno fight and good on Perry for obliging.

Perry is a noted scumbag with a rap sheet. Was it accidental? Sure...but why does he get the benefit of the doubt when he is a noted scumbag? He's going to go and be a scumbag in front of the net and with stickwork the rest of the game and series anyways on top of killing their captain so, yeah, challenge him to fight now and put it to rest. The moment he accidentally falls on Campbell, someone might go ham on him since they would still be holding the Tavares thing against him.

If that's Caufield's knee instead of Perry's, I don't think you see Foligno challenge him. Accident or not, a player with Perry's earned reputation is going to have to answer for it. Perry knows the score.

I think we could probably go back to Tkachuk fighting Wheeler last year after Tkachuk accidentally injured Scheifele on a clean hit and nobody would be saying that Tkachuk shouldn't have to fight him. Certain players don't get the benefit of the doubt: Perry falls in that category.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
It's not about getting the benefit of the doubt, it's about having eyes and seeing it was obviously not intentional. This was not borderline or anything like that, this was clear as day.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
What They're Saying // Penguins Edition:

CrosbyMalkin:I knew it was a good trade because how so many Kings fans spoke highly of Carter and said he still had game. He really has been everything advertised and more. Really hope we are giving the King's a 2nd and a 3rd!:naughty:

PmE4IqX.gif

You're welcome, bitch boy.

Reactions: King'sPawn

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
Orlov didnt touch Miller’s head. Miller’s head did bounce off the ice however. Announcers seem absolutely oblivious to this.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Kings players traded that are in the playoffs:
Carter, Toffoli, Muzzin, Martinez, Lewis, Clifford, Campbell, Forbort. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad