Around the League 2 - Tank command central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Good for him, but he's easily the worst of the 500+ win coaches. He's lucky that he became a head coach so young.

All that's true, but he's also been stuck with coaching pretty crappy teams, almost like he's a glutton for punishment. Would be interested to see how he'd do with a talented team. And no, I'm not a Mo fan, nor do I think he's a good coach, just an observation.

Last edited:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Will Mo finish his career with the most losses ever. That's real question. He's only about 100 behind Scotty Bowman so what's that 5 more years? He should coast to that record.

On another note, Joel Quenville is 3rd in NHL history in wins Nd he's probably going to pass Al Arbour next season for 2nd.

Last edited:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Right now he's 500-483-99-81. Bowman has the most wins and losses with 1,244 and 584. Maurice is 47 (three years younger that Bill Peters). If he coaches 20 more years averaging 38 wins a season (averaging around 35 right now for first ~14), he'll finish as the "winningest" coach of all time, and blow away the loss record.

Proof that just because you've done something for a long time, it doesn't mean you're good at it.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
He's coached three of the worst franchises in the league. Not sure we'll ever know how good a coach he is. I do know that his colleagues respect the hell out of him, so I will probably use that as my main indicator.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Huh, I suggested signing him this past off-season (which everyone hated EDIT: everyone but CI) but never thought his value would rebound that much.

Last edited:

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
'Yotes fans are all praising Sean Burke for how he supposedly resurrected Dubnyk's career. Tons of talk of what a great goatlending coach he is.

I can only wonder what's going on with Mike Smith.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
'Yotes fans are all praising Sean Burke for how he supposedly resurrected Dubnyk's career. Tons of talk of what a great goatlending coach he is.

I can only wonder what's going on with Mike Smith.

He is the one that turned Bryz and Mike Smith into multi-millionaires......

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
And then they both turned into complete dumpster fires...

Maybe he can only make short term fixes? Mike Smith was a total disaster when he got to Arizona and he went to the Olympics shortly after. Now for whatever reason he sucks again. Maybe Burke spent too much time fixing Dubnyk?

Burke is kind of uniquely qualified to coach those bigger goalies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia