Around the League 2 - Tank command central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So with the Pens loss today, it breaks down like this, correct?

Ottawa wins = WC 1, guaranteed
Ottawa gets a point = WC 1 or 2, guaranteed.
Ottawa loses = Out of the playoffs if Boston wins and Pittsburgh gets at least a point.

Pittsburgh wins = WC 1 or 2, guaranteed.
Pittsburgh gets a point = WC 1 if Ottawa loses, WC 2 if Ottawa wins and Boston loses.
Pittsburgh loses = Out of the playoffs if Boston wins.

Boston wins = WC 1 if Ottawa and Pittsburgh lose, WC 2 if either team wins but the other doesn't.
Any other result has Boston out of the playoffs.

Unfortunately, the least interesting result is the most likely, considering Boston plays Tampa Bay, while Pittsburgh and Ottawa face some of the bottom Eastern teams.

It's also disappointing that the Ottawa/Philly game is on much earlier than the other two. If all three games were playing simultaneously, that would make some great drama.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
If Pittsburgh loses to Buffalo on the last day of the season that will mean JR has put together 3 teams that missed a win and in to teams with nothing to play for. That would be hilarious.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Congrats Sens, that's one hell of a run. Please (after Detroit beats us down tonight) knock out the Habs.

All started with the western road trip sweep. Huge momentum boost.

I'm definitely hoping for the Habs. They can't beat us.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
So just to follow up, and perhaps this is beating a dead horse, but NHL Public Relations just tweeted that the 2015 Senators just set the record for biggest points deficit, at any point in the season, made up to make the playoffs. No team has been farther back in the standings.

So I guess that puts it to rest.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Congratulations to the sens. A truly historic comeback made possible by some great rookie performances, a ton of hard work and a very surprising goaltender. Always have a bit of a soft spot for them having grown up in the Ottawa valley. They're a lot easier to cheer for without Alfredsson and Heatley, too.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So just to follow up, and perhaps this is beating a dead horse, but NHL Public Relations just tweeted that the 2015 Senators just set the record for biggest points deficit, at any point in the season, made up to make the playoffs. No team has been farther back in the standings.

So I guess that puts it to rest.

It was beating a dead horse 10 pages ago. Now there's not even enough left to construe that it was ever a horse. :laugh:

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I'm not pulling for them to win the cup, but I do hope they make it beyond the 1st round which wouldn't surprise me with how well they have been playing.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yes but that settles it with an actual, factual statistic (holy redundancy Batman).

And that's fine. I'm in the minority that really finds what previous teams have done (going from 15th to winning the division, for example) more impressive, but that doesn't take away from what the Sens have done.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I guess. The two things (year to year improvement versus in-season comeback) aren't relatable at all, but I'll take it.

The 15th to winning the division was in one season, not year-to-year. Should have made that clearer.

S1C2, I think that's as close to a "I was wrong" that you'll get. :laugh:

I honestly didn't realize it was such a big deal. I had moved on from that conversation the minute it was over, but then everytime the Sens run was mention:

Well, you have to agree that their run has a chance to be historic :)

Unbelievable, but not historic.

Ottawa can actually get one point and be in. Kinda excited about this historic run.

I mean, if he wanted an apology, there was certainly a less dick-ish way to do it. But if it's that big of a deal: I was wrong. The Sens run is historic. Congratulations.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
The 15th to winning the division was in one season, not year-to-year. Should have made that clearer.

I honestly didn't realize it was such a big deal. I had moved on from that conversation the minute it was over, but then everytime the Sens run was mention:

I mean, if he wanted an apology, there was certainly a less dick-ish way to do it. But if it's that big of a deal: I was wrong. The Sens run is historic. Congratulations.

It's not being dick-ish. It's needling. I thought the back and forth was fun, myself.

Dick-ish is telling someone their hockey knowledge isn't worth the electrons this is written on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille