Around the League 2 - Tank command central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
The players in Buffalo are doing what they can. It would be amazing for them to get neither of the big 2 as a nice **** you to the fans that cheered their loss.

Yeah. As Godawful as the Sabres are, the players absolutely still give a **** (I'm sure the same holds true for every bad team).

I don't cheer for the Canes to lose. Never have, hopefully never will. What I have done is become emotionally disengaged and not care when they lose. Maybe I'll even laugh about it, but it's not because I'm happy. I'm sick of this team being a pushover. At this point, I want us to play well and be competitive, regardless of the result. Whatever happens with the draft lottery happens. One player doesn't change a losing mindset (and if it does, that's a pretty mentally weak organization, to wallow in failure until a "savior" falls in their lap).

The #tank talk is just for fun (and to rustle a few jimmies).

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Yeah. As Godawful as the Sabres are, the players absolutely still give a **** (I'm sure the same holds true for every bad team).

I don't cheer for the Canes to lose. Never have, hopefully never will. What I have done is become emotionally disengaged and not care when they lose. Maybe I'll even laugh about it, but it's not because I'm happy. I'm sick of this team being a pushover. At this point, I want us to play well and be competitive, regardless of the result. Whatever happens with the draft lottery happens. One player doesn't change a losing mindset (and if it does, that's a pretty mentally weak organization, to wallow in failure until a "savior" falls in their lap).

The #tank talk is just for fun (and to rustle a few jimmies).

Agreed, on all counts.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I always pull to see the team do well, and would never literally cheer a loss in the stadium (just... wtf?) but I'm also at the point where I honestly think the only way this team has any hope outside of another 4-5 years of misery is by being bad enough to pick in the top tiers of the draft. That, massive upgrades on our scouting, and revamping our farm system are the only ways we're going to get there.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
738 pts in 841 games is p good by ostriche standards tbh

were paying him way too much tho.. he must be the richest ostriche in the wolrd

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, looking at the highlights, it's almost entirely Chicago fans cheering the goals. Granted, there are a bunch of them there.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I'm torn. Boston, Ottawa, Detroit and Pittsburgh are all competing for the same playoff spots, and I want all of them to miss the playoffs for various reasons.

Though the most hilarious result would be Detroit needing a win in the final game and having the Canes keep them out.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
did JR lottery protect the pick he traded for perron?

plz tell me he didn't.

CBC Sports says this:

In the first step of what could be a long rebuilding process, the Edmonton Oilers traded left-winger David Perron to the Pittsburgh Penguins on Friday for a 2015 first-round draft pick and centre Rob Klinkhammer.

No mention of protection, but maybe they didn't include it because most people wouldn't know what that meant?

Source.

That would be f***ing hilarious, except for the part that it's Edmonton and they shouldn't get it (2 chances at McDavid that is).

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I'm torn. Boston, Ottawa, Detroit and Pittsburgh are all competing for the same playoff spots, and I want all of them to miss the playoffs for various reasons.

Though the most hilarious result would be Detroit needing a win in the final game and having the Canes keep them out.

Ottawa is a team full of saints, why would you want them to miss? :)

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I dislike the Penguins but I hope they win out simply because I want a better pick then Edmonton. Edmonton having two top-15 picks would be insufferable. How many prospects are they going to be allowed to ruin?

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Ottawa is a team full of saints, why would you want them to miss? :)

No offense to you, but some of the Sens fans on the site were a bit unbearable during the height of the "Hamburgler" saga. If the Sens make it, it'll just reignite that powder keg.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
i had a nitemare once that the scf was ottawa//winnipeg. i didn't watch any of the games and instead became amish and moved to rural pa.

ps - do you know how the amish girl got pregnant? too many mennonite (sounds like men a nite)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad