Around the League '15-'16: PP Points Don't Count Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
That's why this team need to get to first in the conference. Then there is no worry of this.
They are only 4 points up on Nashville and Nashville hold a game in hand.
But it might be nice if this match-up did happen. I'm sure many would still find away of saying something if the Kings did win it all again. But having to go through Chicago first round, one of the other CA teams second round, then onto the Central winner. They would look like fools saying that was anything but a gauntlet to get to the finals.

the west will be hard for any team. I honestly think a case can be made for 7 of the 8 teams currently in a playoff spot (although I do not think I would buy the case for San Jose..I would understand it though)

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
the west will be hard for any team. I honestly think a case can be made for 7 of the 8 teams currently in a playoff spot (although I do not think I would buy the case for San Jose..I would understand it though)

Don't think for a second with how Chicago has manhandled the Central teams in the playoffs there wouldn't be dancing in the streets over them moving over. And would suddenly make the Pac playoffs the hardest route. I agree nothing will be easy but that would make it just crazy.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Don't think for a second with how Chicago has manhandled the Central teams in the playoffs there wouldn't be dancing in the streets over them moving over. And would suddenly make the Pac playoffs the hardest route. I agree nothing will be easy but that would make it just crazy.

I think if Chicago crosses over the argument could be made that the top 4 playoff teams in the west would ALL be in the Pacific. LA, ANA, CHI are the top 3 hands down. I can certainly see an argument to have SJ ranked above DAL, STL, NSH, MIN/COL as well.

Either Chicago better not drop out of top 3 in central or LA needs to win conference. However knowing how the Kings like to do things the hard way I can see them going CHI, ANA, NSH/DAL/STL, WSH to the cup :laugh:

Sword

May 26, 2014
I think if Chicago crosses over the argument could be made that the top 4 playoff teams in the west would ALL be in the Pacific. LA, ANA, CHI are the top 3 hands down. I can certainly see an argument to have SJ ranked above DAL, STL, NSH, MIN/COL as well.

Either Chicago better not drop out of top 3 in central or LA needs to win conference. However knowing how the Kings like to do things the hard way I can see them going CHI, ANA, NSH/DAL/STL, WSH to the cup :laugh:

I'm cheering for the Caps in the East, but I'm not convinced they can make it to the finals, they'll have to go through the Rangers and the Lightnings first. Holtby hasn't been that hot lately and them always allowing the first goal might hurt them in the playoffs.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I'm cheering for the Caps in the East, but I'm not convinced they can make it to the finals, they'll have to go through the Rangers and the Lightnings first. Holtby hasn't been that hot lately and them always allowing the first goal might hurt them in the playoffs.

not necessarily, as the Bolts would have to get past the Panthers, which I would give the edge to the panthers, and as much as I love lundqvist, the Rangers have been struggling, and again, no guarantee they get out of the first round.
Right now, having watched ALOT of hockey, the Caps are the best team in the East and although a bit 'bored' as they have had nothing to play for , for months (and that is difficult mental challenge) this current Caps team, which has not been together in a playoff run, is 4 lines deep and HOtlby will be fine. Right now, they miss Carlson, he stabilizes that back end.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Has a coach ever fought an opposing player? It could happen with Stir Patrick.

yeah, he's got a short fuse alright.

FOund this link to top 7 coaches fights

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/900781-video-top-7-coach-fights-in-nhl-history-last-25-years

I remember seeing the one (video in the link) of Bryan Murray and Lindsey Ruff going at it, that was comical

then there was (and I watched this one live on tv) with Roy and Boudreau

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/10...patrick-roy-colorado-avalanche-bruce-boudreau

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Last edited:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
:( Awful news.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...ion-from-head-injuries--report-182913101.html

Florida Panthers defenseman Willie Mitchell may have to make a choice about his career in the near future.

According to the Miami Herald, Mitchell – who has been out since January after concussion issues popped up – could return, but some doctors recommend he doesn’t “for future well being.â€

very sad to hear. Him hosting the cup on top of a mountain will forever be embedded in my mind.

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
pg2_e_mitchell_576.jpg

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
:( Awful news.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...ion-from-head-injuries--report-182913101.html

Florida Panthers defenseman Willie Mitchell may have to make a choice about his career in the near future.

According to the Miami Herald, Mitchell – who has been out since January after concussion issues popped up – could return, but some doctors recommend he doesn’t “for future well being.â€

I really hope he takes the rest of the year off then talk with doctors again. If they still say he's at risk he should just retire. I'm sure there are many teams that would like to hire him as a defensive coach.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia

i think you've nailed it. for lak, hard way is the best way to succeed. if winning after 0-3 every ****ing series is not enough, throw chicago in right from the start. fun fun fun.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Yeah I"m staying out of there for now because I have a busy afternoon :laugh:

Im just annoyed, as I posted in that thread, that most people that will vote DOughty don't give reasons why other than "it's time" and people voting for Karlsson are looking purely at points and REL advanced stats without looking deeper for defense. Both sets of voters are creating their own narratives and petulantly forcing them on everyone else (ugh, Yost).

The problem is that typically the Doughty side is full of objective, open-minded people and the Karlsson side is the exact opposite of that. Yost and Burtch both. I got into it with Burtch on twitter a few days ago :laugh:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The problem is that typically the Doughty side is full of objective, open-minded people and the Karlsson side is the exact opposite of that. Yost and Burtch both. I got into it with Burtch on twitter a few days ago :laugh:

They're being 'snooty advanced stats guys' about it too.

"What? There's nothing wrong with being third-best!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad