Around The League - 15-16 Part III (And So It Begins Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Shamelessly stolen from @MikeFAIL on Twitter:

t0vFdxI.png

Derfel*

...oh boy, their schedule: @CHI, @DAL, @STL, NSH.

They could be out of the playoffs after that.

If they lose at either Chicago or Dallas, you'll have a new coach in place in time for the Nashville game.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
As of right now, 10:50 PM, we're:

a) better than any team in the Pacific Division
b) out of the playoffs

**** the Central.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
As of right now, 10:50 PM, we're:

a) better than any team in the Pacific Division
b) out of the playoffs

**** the Central.

Then you have to find a way to be in the top 5 in a 7 team division. We still play in a conference where 8 out of 14 teams make the playoffs (57%). If you can't do that no one should feel sorry for you. Like most seasons there will be very little difference on what it takes to make the playoffs in the Eastern and Western conference.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
How does a team that almost made it to the finals last year, get shutout 4 times in its first 7 games??? :huh: That's just crazy ****.

This year they are really missing Selanne. Last year was just an outlier...this is what the Ducks look like when they don't have the Finish Flash to cover for them.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
How does a team that almost made it to the finals last year, get shutout 4 times in its first 7 games??? :huh: That's just crazy ****.

Huge money vets didn't prepare well for the season. Other teams know you just need to shut down the big duo, and that's been easy so far.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Unsustainably low shooting % and or a team that has quit on their coach.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
This year they are really missing Selanne. Last year was just an outlier...this is what the Ducks look like when they don't have the Finish Flash to cover for them.

They didn't have Selanne last season.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Looks like Kane got injured last night against NJ. The trade doesn't look so good for Buffalo atm.

You'd think that teams wouldn't have lined up to make a trade with someone who never made a trade in four years. Like if someone sits at your poker game and watches everyone 8 hours a day for 5 weeks and then decides to finally jump in, I sure ain't getting in a pot with them, hell I'm probably halfway to the bar.

Derfel*

Looks like Kane got injured last night against NJ. The trade doesn't look so good for Buffalo atm.

How many times has he been injured and out of action for 3 games or more in his career? 10?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If they have really quit on BB, that's a real shame. Great team that seems to be falling very fast. Of course this would never happen in the Central. :help:

SH% for Getzlaff, Perry, Kesler, Silferberg, Cogliano, Hagelin and quite a few others all zero. Sounds like both to me.

I haven't watched their games so I can't tell whether the effort has been there but it's just one of those stretches or whether the team is forcing the organizations hand like the Jets did with Noel right before the axe fell. It a tough business at times.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2015/10/25/rumors-ii-blues-flames-ducks-blue-jackets-and-keenan/

“Everyone is looking for defencemen,†one scout said this past week. “There simply aren’t enough NHL defenceman to service 30 teams. Especially Top six.†An exercise his team did in the offseason was to count the number of legit No. 1 defencemen in the game today. “We came up with 11.â€

So 30 teams, counting the top 4 on each team, that gives us 120 defensemen... and of those only 11 would be seen ( by this scouts team ) as being legit #1. Interesting. I wonder if any Jets are "seen" as #1 defensemen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad