Around the League '15-'16 IV--Awful Pacific Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Where do you start, Crosby or Malkin?

Both but that won't happen. I like Malkin better, always felt he was a more complete player but if one has to go, it would be Geno. Crosby is such a fixture there, the current GM certainly doesn't have the balls to move him , fear of the fanbase, not sure if another GM would either.

But he is at the heart of their problems....

And they're both getting close to 30 so the window won't be as wide open in a year or two if they wait.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
The main board has given me cancer.

Actually nevermind, I think the internet as a whole is killing me. **** ya'll.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Pitt is in free fall, it's a flawed team full of individuals. It needs a house cleaning top to bottom. They need to trade Malkin, and start over around Crosby.

Nashville would give up one hell of a package for Malkin. Kessel(EAT some more donuts, mmm donuts) has been an absolute bust everywhere except Toronto.

He was a bust in Toronto as well

His defensive play hurt any positives he brought offensively

Trade helped derail franchise

Last edited:

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Rich Clune getting the call up from the Leafs...

Cats beat the Canucks 5-4 , dominated the overtime, Ekblad is really developing into a great defenseman. HIs vision is amazing...such instincts.
Panthers with 40 pts. are now in 3rd in the Atlantic, 3 pts behind the Habs for first place.

Jagr scored the 732nd goal of his career, putting him past Dionne on the All Time list for 4th place, Bobby Hull is next up, 9 goals more to get there.

Pirri is 53.4% in shootout goals and his first goal in the shootout showed why, one sick goal

Barkov wins it for them in a nasty move, put the puck between his skates, diverted the goalies attn. and banked it. It's not the first time he's done that move...he's scored on that in shootouts before.
It's his 3rd Shootout GWG in their last four ot wins.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=907338&navid=nhl:topheads

MIller was injured during the shootout and Jakob Markstrom replaced him.

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Rich Clune getting the call up from the Leafs...

Cats beat the Canucks 5-4 , dominated the overtime, Ekblad is really developing into a great defenseman. HIs vision is amazing...such instincts.
Panthers with 40 pts. are now in 3rd in the Atlantic, 3 pts behind the Habs for first place.

Jagr scored the 732nd goal of his career, putting him past Dionne on the All Time list for 4th place, Bobby Hull is next up, 9 goals more to get there.

Pirri is 53.4% in shootout goals and his first goal in the shootout showed why, one sick goal

Barkov wins it for them in a nasty move, put the puck between his skates, diverted the goalies attn. and banked it. It's not the first time he's done that move...he's scored on that in shootouts before.
It's his 3rd Shootout GWG in their last four ot wins.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=907338&navid=nhl:topheads

MIller was injured during the shootout and Jakob Markstrom replaced him.

Barkov looks like he is going to be a force to be reckoned with in the future.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Sheesh another goal for Karlsson. Say what you want about Karlsson but he has 37 points in 34 games as a defenseman. I've been the biggest critic of him winning the Norris but my goodness he's on pace for what a million points. I know he's pretty average defensively but man still pretty darn impressive.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Sheesh another goal for Karlsson. Say what you want about Karlsson but he has 37 points in 34 games as a defenseman. I've been the biggest critic of him winning the Norris but my goodness he's on pace for what a million points. I know he's pretty average defensively but man still pretty darn impressive.

When the offense is pretty much built around him, it tends to happen.

Ron*

LOL Rangers. up 3-1 to start the 2nd, 2 goals in under two minutes by the Caps, now they give up the go ahead goal.

6 unanswered goals. Hank should stick to playing guitar.

(I know he got pulled after 2...but still: 19 saves in 24 shots isn't going to cut it.)

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
When the offense is pretty much built around him, it tends to happen.

I honestly think if it was any other dman they wouldn't put up as good of numbers as Karlsson. I've come to realize he's just that good. His defense is still average and I still don't think he should have won his First Norris but he's definitely an offensive talent.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I honestly think if it was any other dman they wouldn't put up as good of numbers as Karlsson. I've come to realize he's just that good. His defense is still average and I still don't think he should have won his First Norris but he's definitely an offensive talent.

If he plays in another system like ours , no way he can do it. He'd get more than an earful from our previous coaches playing the way he has at times. Not doubting his skill, but he's a very risky player where the rewards pay off.

Ron*

Marty Biron on NHL Network, attempting to praise Patrick Kane: "He worked hard in the summer on his skills, doing all that dangling..."

hqdefault.jpg

Don't ever change, Marty. You are our International Treasure.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
If he plays in another system like ours , no way he can do it. He'd get more than an earful from our previous coaches playing the way he has at times. Not doubting his skill, but he's a very risky player where the rewards pay off.

If Karlsson played in our system he'd be Jack "Minus" Johnson cuz he'd be forced to play some D. :laugh: I think he'll put some good numbers but I agree he wouldn't be able to do it.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
If Karlsson played in our system he'd be Jack "Minus" Johnson cuz he'd be forced to play some D. :laugh: I think he'll put some good numbers but I agree he wouldn't be able to do it.

He was there for the picking too at #15 when we moved up to #13. Even Lombardi was quoted saying "wow imagine if we had drafted Karlsson too." Although I don't know how we could've afforded two 7 mil a year dmen, especially when both contract came up the same year.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
You find a way to afford both guys for as long as you can. Our team dynamic would be drastically different but I think we'd have done at least as much damage in the end.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Barkov looks like he is going to be a force to be reckoned with in the future.

Barkov had a tremendous backcheck in OT as well. I thought Vancouver had sprung a guy for a breakaway but Barkov caught up and stripped the puck about as cleanly as you could hope.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
He was there for the picking too at #15 when we moved up to #13. Even Lombardi was quoted saying "wow imagine if we had drafted Karlsson too." Although I don't know how we could've afforded two 7 mil a year dmen, especially when both contract came up the same year.

I recall the rumor was that Anaheim really wanted Karlsson and thought they could trade back from #12 to get him. They wanted to get some extra picks after bundling a bunch to get Pronger. In the end, they got #17, #35, and #39 for #12. Ottawa then traded up to #15 for Karlsson. Anaheim drafted Jake Gardiner, Nic Deschamps, and Eric O'Dell (off the top of my head, I don't think they signed him).

That's a cautionary tale I always point to when fans want to trade down for extra picks.

drugold

drunk, goals&swagger
Jul 13, 2009
Brisbane,

Credit to FDBluth from the Penguins board. Makes me sentimental seeing how dominate, quick and hungry he was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad