Around the Dome II: Flames hockey-related news and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcookson

Aug 20, 2014
A little off topic but has anyone seen or heard anything about the Young Stars tournament in Penticton? Are they having one this year? I thought it was usually announced by now

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Did anyone else notice that the letters on the new jersey appear not to be in italics?

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
A little off topic but has anyone seen or heard anything about the Young Stars tournament in Penticton? Are they having one this year? I thought it was usually announced by now
As a person who lives in Penticton, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It was announced pretty late last year as well.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Steve Mason is our guy, and honestly I think he has the highest ceiling of any goaltender that has been available the entire offseason, including Bishop.

Aug 3, 2010
For anyone interested, Fanattic (and I suspect other sports merchandise stores) are selling off their Reebok stock at 50% off. Picked up two retros for a little over $150 total. Goes for home, away, and thirds.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Steve Mason is our guy, and honestly I think he has the highest ceiling of any goaltender that has been available the entire offseason, including Bishop.
I kind of hope so myself. 4x2 deal for someone who showed he can play 55 games and give a .915 would be fine for me. We wouldn't need to trade a 1st too.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

If we signed Mason, I wouldn't complain, since the acquisition cost is best. But I think if you (not you Hox, but you, whoever is reading this) are okay with Steve Mason, whose last playoff was:

And completely against Elliott, then you're probably being too emotional.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
If we signed Mason, I wouldn't complain, since the acquisition cost is best. But I think if you (not you Hox, but you, whoever is reading this) are okay with Steve Mason, whose last playoff was:

And completely against Elliott, then you're probably being too emotional.

The difference between the two for me is re-signing Elliott would cost a 3rd. Why waste the asset when you don't have to?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The difference between the two for me is re-signing Elliott would cost a 3rd. Why waste the asset when you don't have to?

I agree. And honestly, both are inconsistent at times, but I think Mason has a higher ceiling when he's hot and he's younger. I really think he's our guy.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
When the flags are still there and nothing else about the jersey will probably change :o

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Yay we still have the ugliest jerseys in the league :handclap: Go unnecessary nationalism!!

Last edited:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
When the flags are still there and nothing else about the jersey will probably change :o

I legitimately laughed when I saw that, just cause of how much hate the flags get :laugh:

When it was announced that the NHL jerseys would now fall under the Adias label, I just expected everything to be the same with the only change being the Reebok logo being swapped with the Adias.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Am I the only person who actually likes having the Alberta flag on the shoulder :laugh:?

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
I expected them to screw the fans and not go to Retros so they could sell more jersey options. I have no idea why on earth they would leave the Flags.

They had a perfectly good shoulder patch on the 3rds. Use that you clowns. They're being roasted on Social Media, it's not just a few fans that don't like the Flags.

Ugh.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I haven't really had a problem with our jerseys, but I definitely preferred the retros. I'm not too passionate one way or another.

I don't think it's really a money play, as they won't be able to sell official retros for a few years now, which is what people want. I'm guessing the two-jersey restriction is only temporary, though, and the retro third will be reintroduced down the road. Right now, they probably picked this jersey style because they didn't like the idea (or didn't know if people would like the idea) of a retro away jersey.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I just feel all shoulder patches in general are very dated and forced at this point. We should've done away with them after the shift to the Reebok Edge jerseys. Most of the classic jerseys in the NHL, including our retros, don't have shoulder patches and it's part of what makes them timeless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad