Around the Dome II: Flames hockey-related news and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
The flames open the season October 3rd in Vancouver, then the Flames home opener is October 6th against Vancouver and finally the Flames feature in the Nashville home opener October 9th, rest of the schedule is out tomorrow afternoon

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Vancouver is going to have a really good team, especially if they take a dman this year. If they get Dobson, that is going to be great for them.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
When is the schedule being released!?!?! Stupid NHL has stupid Mike Johnson and some stupid people releasing the stupid schedule game by game on the stupid NHL.com's stupid video feed.

This is stupid. I have a Vegas trip to plan!!!

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
No super long road trips. Couple of 4 game trips at max.

No super long home stands either. One 5 gamer, one 4 gamer.

Mandated 5 day break is right after that All Star break so no Flames games for like 12 days lol

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
No super long road trips. Couple of 4 game trips at max.

No super long home stands either. One 5 gamer, one 4 gamer.

Mandated 5 day break is right after that All Star break so no Flames games for like 12 days lol
Cue the winning streak followed by a serious losing streak

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Can’t beleive how much hate he got while here. Still blows my mind.

Because he was a horrible defenseman. I have nothing but respect for him as a person and I know he is a good leader and I will always remember him for grabbing two Canucks by the collar and being one of the few guys who stood up for his teammates.

But I covet good hockey players more and when it came down to hockey he was pretty dreadful. What I'll never understand is people arguing he "stepped up" when Gio went down and was paired with Brodie, because what ACTUALLY happened was Brodie went God Mode and dragged Engellands corpse around the ice for the last half of the season and the first round.

Don't want to hate on him too much cause I do respect him, but he isn't and never was a good hockey player at the NHL level.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Because he was a horrible defenseman. I have nothing but respect for him as a person and I know he is a good leader and I will always remember him for grabbing two Canucks by the collar and being one of the few guys who stood up for his teammates.

But I covet good hockey players more and when it came down to hockey he was pretty dreadful. What I'll never understand is people arguing he "stepped up" when Gio went down and was paired with Brodie, because what ACTUALLY happened was Brodie went God Mode and dragged Engellands corpse around the ice for the last half of the season and the first round.

Don't want to hate on him too much cause I do respect him, but he isn't and never was a good hockey player at the NHL level.

Weird that NHL teams keep putting him in NHL roles if he is a 'horrible defensemen" though, isn't it?

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Weird that NHL teams keep putting him in NHL roles if he is a 'horrible defensemen" though, isn't it?

NHL GM's and coaches aren't smart. Vegas was in the finals this year because NHL GM's have no idea what they're doing.

Go back and look at any number of signings on July 1st.

Look at the Flames own track record of signing Brouwer, Raymond, bringing in Stewart, Glass, Bartkowski having an NHL contract, Gudbranson getting $4mil a year, Washington letting their Stanley Cup winning coach walk because they're too cheap.

Just because your an executive in the NHL doesn't mean you have a clue what you're doing.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Based on Brodie's play lately, you sure it wasn't the other way around?

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Based on Brodie's play lately, you sure it wasn't the other way around?

anigif_not-sure-if-serious-gif-to-be-used-on-forums-22779-1307655858-12.gif

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Well I’ll be seeing the Flames here in ST Paul in December... better than nothing.

Hopefully I make it home during winter so I can go to a couple of games at the dome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad